PHARMACY COLLGES IN PUNE
PHARMACY COLLGES IN PUNE
Pharmacy or Pharmacology is one of the main branch is under Biomedical Science and the pharmaceutical industry. There are many disciplines within the biomedical sciences. Pharmacy is related to health sciences. The main aim of a particular Pharmaceutical Industry is to develop research and distribute drugs in order to provide health care for the people in the society. In detail, they are concerned with production of pharmaceutical products, development of the methods or processes of production and quality control. A pharmacist is required to explain the mode and precautions regarding the use of medicines dispensed in a hospital pharmacy prepare special formulations normally not available in the market, assist the physician in rendering necessary information about various drugs, their contra-indications, incompatibility etc. There are over 225 programs in Pharmacy conducted by different universities in India. Drug Discovery and Drug Innovation are two very aspects in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
Eligibility & Course Details:
There are over 225 programs in Pharmacy conducted by different universities in India.
The main courses in Pharmacy are the
2 years Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm),
4 years Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm),
2 years Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) and Ph.d programs.
Admission to the Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm), requires a pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Biology.
Candidates who possess 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Maths (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry, Maths & Biology are admitted to the 4-year bachelors program level (Bachelor of Pharmacy or B.Pharm). At Bachelor level there is no specialization.
At the masters level (M Pharm) specialization is available in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Engineering etc. And after M.Pharm candidates can go for Ph.d programme in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Marketing & Management.
After obtaining a diploma or degree in pharmacy, and registering with the state Pharmacy Council, it is possible set up your own pharmacy or chemists and druggists shop to stock and sell medicines and dispense them according to doctors prescription.
Pharmacy Entrance Exams:
There is a great demand for pharmacologists in various areas of pharmaceutical research and development, production and manufacturing, analysis and testing, marketing, hospital pharmacy, Community pharmacy, etc. There are many institutions across the country that offers courses in pharmacology. Most of them conduct entrance exams. Following is a list of some entrance exams and their details.
- Common Entrance Test is a test conducted by each state for admission to its Engineering and Medical colleges. This test is also taken by those interested in careers in dentistry and pharmacology. Some of these are CET Karnataka, CET Punjab, CEE Kerala, JEE West Bengal, DUMET Delhi, GUJCET Gujarat, etc.
- ENAT – Manipal University conducts this test for admission to College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal.
- AIMS Medical Entrance- This test is conducted by Amrita Institute of Medical Science. The School of Pharmacy in Cochin takes the AIMS score.
- BHU Entrance Test – The Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi conducts the Pharmacy Admission Test which is conducted with the pre medical test. for admission to its pharmacology department.
- Poona College of Pharmacy B Pharm Entrance Exam – This test is conducted by the Poona college of Pharmacy which is affiliated to the Bharatiya Vidyapeeth University.
- SRM All India Entrance Exam –Sri Ramachandra Medical College, is a deemed university, that conducts this test for admission to its various Para-medical courses.
- EAMCET – This test is conducted by the Andhra University. Most pharmacy college under this university takes the EAMCET scores.
The fees structure also varies from one program to the other. Generally a B.pharm degree program charges 2lakh 50 thousand course fee for 4years. B.pharm diploma program charges course fee of almost 2lakh for 3years.
For the distance courses offered by various institutes the fees charged is almost 3lakh. The fees of other specialized programs are decided on the basis of institute’s norms. Student opting for dual programs (B.pharm and M.pharm both) have to pay almost 4.5- 5 lakh course fee for 5-6years.These course fees are excluding of all other services like (hostel fees, library fees, food etc).
The course fees for governmental institutes are comparatively lower than that of private ones. Few institutes offer discount to meritorious and financially backward students in their course fees. Students taking up B.pharm in any colleges can opt for student loan as well.
Visi For More Information :- Pharmacy Colleges In Pune