Miss Wegley's Class News
April 2, 2013
ScienceThis week, 5th grade will be starting a new science unit, Energy. See the family letter that came home. As an introduction, students created two Pic Collages on the iPad, one about Stored Energy and one about Energy in Action. Check out the class webpage to see them!
Math placement tests for middle school will take place this week on Wednesday and Thursday during the regular math time. We will get the scores back sometime in May.
Students will be reading short stories for the next few weeks. Students will take directed notes on these stories, interpret words, and participate in shared inquiry discussions.
Spelling will be resuming this week. Spelling corrections will be due on Wednesday, Spelling Choices homework will be due on Thursday, and the Spelling Post-Test will be on Friday.
Other Fifth-Grade Happenings
*Try-outs for major speaking parts in the fifth-grade musical, School House Rock, will be held this FRIDAY (4/5) during lunch. Lines must be memorized in order to try out.
*There will be a Cultural Arts Performance on Friday, 4/5. Grades 3-5 will attend at 9:30 am.
*Thomas Middle School Orientation will be on Monday, April 8. Permission slips are due NO LATER than THIS FRIDAY, 4/5. Thanks!
- April 3 & 4 - Math Placement Tests
- Thomas Orientation Permission slips - due FRIDAY, APRIL 5th
- Friday, April 5 - 5th Grade Musical speaking part tryouts @ lunch
- Monday, April 8 - Field Trip to Thomas Middle School (during school)
- Monday, April 8 - Parent Orientation Meeting (Thomas MS) - 6:45 PM
- Tuesday, April 9 - Institute Day (No School)