Clark-Pleasant Middle School LIbrary Media Center
Student Visits to the LMC
- Daily hours are 7:35 am - 3 pm, open all lunch periods
- Students are welcome to make independent visits with his/her classroom teacher's permission when he/she brings a signed pass from the teacher. Contact Mrs. Kern if you need to send more than three students at one time.
- Students sign in and out on a Google form when they visit the LMC.
CPMS LMC Offerings for Teachers and Staff
- OverDrive digital library username - first initial and last name, password - cpms
- professional library space ~ now Mrs. Kern's office and on OverDrive
- inquiry and research lessons
- YHBA club
- Nacho Ordinary Book Club
- book talks
- helpful student assistants
- opportunities for collaborative lessons
- design of tutorials and lessons
- compilation of websites and e-books for class assignments
- Breakout box check out
- Maker kit check out
- audiobook resources for students requiring that support
English classes visit the LMC regularly and participate in lessons on using the library as well as digital and information literacy. Students also hear book talks and view trailers based on books to help them make independent reading selections. Please utilize our offerings and ask if you have any questions. I am happy to help!
Upcoming LMC Events
- Scholastic Book Fair ~ September 27-October 5, 2018
- Kwame Alexander Author Visit ~ November 14, 2018
- Barnes & Noble Book Fair ~December 8, 2018
- Staff Jeopardy ~Winter 2019
- 30 Book Challenge Finishers' Party ~ May 2019
- Ongoing contests and events for students and teachers throughout the year
Calling ALL CPMS Teachers/Staff to...
...or take it to a higher lever and participate in the 30 Book Challenge!
...share book recommendations with our students via Flipgrid! https://flipgrid.com/65027e password- cpmslmc18
...reach out with book and author recommendations!
...read my newsletters and win-send me an email today with "entry" in the subject heading for a chance to win a $5 Barnes and Noble gift card.