LCMS Weekly Newsletter
By Tami Gunset
Regional Science Fair @ United Spirit Arena
Cassandra Franco - Is it Getting Hot in Here?
Ryan Garcia - Phoning in Sick
Pagie Campos - Are you Healthier than a 6th Grader?
Braden Popejoy - Bluetooth from the Other Side
Zachary Barrientes - Beakmen Flow
Caitlyn Guetersloth - Chasing the Perfect 10
Meagan Pearl - Using Your Noodle
Taylor McCall - Candies to Dye For
Kenley Blevins - Oil Power
Elizabeth Worthington - Ferns Phyt- To- Remediate Soil
Ainsley Schwintz - Phoney Bacteria
Hayden Hopkins - Soak It Up: Soil Permeability Analysis
Laci Stewart - Food Pearls
Zane Zietouni - Going, Going, Gone
Chloe Truell - Wind Power Upgrade
Brooke Pellum - Lead, are Parks Safe?
Sarah Popejoy - What's in Your Walls?
David Goedel - Switch Blades
Ivan Castro - Dead Accurate
McKayla Salas - Bro Organ
The card, the lollipop, and the delivery cost only $1.00 and will go on sale in the cafeteria during lunch beginning Wednesday, Febraury 3.
So, "show the love" and buy a Valogram to send to your friends, your teachers, your sweetheart, or even yourself!
Tickets will be sold during each lunch period for $5.00 and $7.00 at the door. Ticket sales will begin on Wednesday, February 3.
LCMS 2016 Cheerleader/Mascot Tryout Eligibility
In order for a student to tryout for cheerleader, the following conditions must be met.
· must be academically eligible at the time of tryouts in accordance with UIL regulations;
· must sign up, attend a short meeting, and pick up a packet at the time and place designated by the cheer coach (Tuesday, March 1 at 7:30am in the Middle School Library;
· must have a parent/guardian attend the Mandatory Parent Meeting on Wednesday, March 2 at 5:30pm in the Middle School Auditorium;
· must return the signed Permission Form and Medical Release form by the
designated date (Thursday, March 3 by 3:45pm) to Mrs. Brown in Room 23;
· must not have been removed from any Lubbock-Cooper Cheerleading Squads in the previous year or have been prohibited from tryout due to a review by the cheer coaches/sponsors and administrative team;
· must be available for summer camp and all scheduled practices and attend the entire time (Camp dates tentative May 31-June 2);
· must purchase tryout attire ($20-$25);
· must attend all clinics (March 3 and March 4 4:00-5:30pm) and mock judging (March 8 4:00-5:30pm) (for mock judging the candidate is to wear tryout attire, shoes, and socks that will be worn in front of the judges for cheer coach approval);
· must attend tryout/judging Wednesday, March 9 beginning at 4:00pm (ending time will be determined by how many candidates we have, do not schedule any other event on this day) (tryout is closed);
· must accept financial responsibility for all required items ($650-$800 and other expenses during the 2016-2017 school year).
· must agree to abide by all the rules and guidelines established for cheerleaders at Lubbock-Cooper ISD.
*Tryout material will not be released until after school on the first clinic date (March 3), no exceptions!
The requirements above must be met by the date/time listed, or the
student WILL NOT be allowed to tryout.
Careers R Us (for current 8th Grade Students)
Careers R Us (for 8th Grade Students)
This is a great opportunity to expose your eighth grade student to careers and help them explore their options before choosing an endorsement to pursue in high school!
Eighth graders will have an opportunity to participate in fun and creative career readiness hands-on activities that will stimulate their imagination and empower them with tools to plan for their future.
April 25, 2016
9:00 am - 11:00 am SESSION IS FULL
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm 100 spots left
April 26, 2016
9:00 am - 11:00 am 10 spots left
12:00 - 2:00 pm 30 spots left
Please call Janie Cedillo to register, 806-281-5830
Space is limited to 100 students per session. Don't wait too long to register!
Reserve Your Pirate Star Yearbook Today!!
Yearbook orders are being taken now! There are two ways to order your copy!
1. Go online to www.balfour.com and type in Lubbock-Cooper Middle School and click on the yearbook to order online by March 25.
2. Turn in this form with your money to Mrs. Brown room 23 (science) by April 8.
*Online sales will end March 25 and order forms need to be turned into Mrs. Brown by April 8 to ensure you get a copy of the amazing Pirate Star Yearbook.
Two Home Basketball Games LEFT...Please sign up if interested in helping with concessions
2016 STAAR DATES
- 8th grade Mathematics
- 7th grade Writing
Wednesday, March 30
- 8th grade Reading
Week of May 2-6
- 8th grade Algebra EOC Assessment Window
Monday, May 9
- 6th grade Mathematics
- 7th grade Mathematics
- 8th grade Mathematics ~ Second Administration (those that did not pass in March)
Tuesday, May 10
- 6th grade Reading
- 7th grade Reading
- 8th grade Reading ~ Second Administration (those that did not pass in March)
Wednesday, May 11
- 8th grade Science
Thursday, May 12
- 8th grade Social Studies
Friday, May 13
- STAAR Make-up DEADLINE
Tuesday, June 21
- 8th grade Mathematics ~ Third Administration (those that did not pass in May)
Wednesday, June 22
- 8th grade Reading ~ Third Administration (those that did not pass in May)
Next Two Weeks Calendar Events
- Week of February 1-5 - National School Counselor's Week
- Monday, February 1 - Groundhog Day
- Monday, February 1 - Boys Basketball vs Dunbar @ LCHS (6:00pm/7:15pm)
- Monday, February 1 - Girls Basketball vs Dunbar @ Dunbar (5:30pm/6:30pm)
- Thursday, February 4 - Saturday February 6 - "A" Team Boys Basketball Tourn (TBA)
- Thursday, February 4 - Saturday February 6 - "A" Team Girls Basketball Tourn (TBA)
- Friday, February 5 - Regional Science Fair at USA (All Day)
- Saturday, February 6 - Regional Science Fair Awards at USA (9am)
- Thursday, February 11 - Boys Basketball vs Frenship MS @ LCHS (6:00pm/7:15pm)
- Thursday, February 11 - Girls Basketball vs Frenship MS @ Frenship MS (5:30pm/6:30pm)
- Friday, February 12 - End of Fourth Six Weeks
- Friday, February 12 - Valograms deliverd to students!
- Friday, February 12 - Early Dismissal
- Friday, February 12 - Valentine Dance (7pm-10pm) - Need parent HELP!
- Sunday, February 14 - Valentines Day
- Monday, February 15 - Boys Basketball vs LBMS @ LBMS (5:30pm/6:30pm)
- Monday, Februaray 15 - President's Day
- Monday, February 15 - Fifth Six Weeks Begins
- Thursday, February 18 - LCISD School Board Meeting (7pm)
Attendance Reminders for LCMS:
- School begins at 8:00 AM.
- First bell rings at 7:55 AM.
- Tardy bell rings at 8:00 AM.
- Any arrivals after 8:20 AM are counted as an absence for 1st/9th period.
- If your student is ill, please call in by 10:00 AM. The attendance line phone number is (806) 863-7184 (Sally Aguilar) – it is important to call the attendance line rather than the main line to report an absence.
- Students are allowed up to seven days excused with a parent phone call or parent note.
- After a student's seventh absence, a doctor’s note is required.
- Students are allowed one personal day per year (counted as an excused absence.) Written notice must be approved by campus principal three days prior to the absence. Please keep in mind that the personal day must be taken before the student's seventh absence.
| || |
LCMS Parent Organization Facebook