Mrs. Berger's Weekly Update!
February 4th, 2016
I hope you had a nice week off of school. Welcome to our new students and families joining us for the second semester! We are officially half way done with the school year!
Please read the important information below for updates for the week!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
April : )
Click above to view and print the weekly progress goal tracker
Important Information- LC and Student Reminders for Semester 2
- Get into the habit of printing out the Weekly Plan for the second semester each week. At the end of the week check off all the lessons that were completed. Any lessons not mastered or completed should become homework for the weekends. This keeps students on target to reach their progress goals!
- Learning Coaches should be logging into the OLS frequently to monitor attendance, announcements, alerts, etc. Please do not use your student's log in in lieu of your own.
- Keep your LC password for your use only. Students should not have access to key in your password to add assessment attempts. This safeguard is in place so LCs can be aware a student is struggling with an assessment after the first try.
- If a lesson is not mastered please follow these steps to be more successful on the next assessment: review the lesson, review the not mastered assessment to see what questions were correct and incorrect. Study. Watch a class connect recording to review the information again if necessary. Take notes during lessons. Review your notes. Reach out to me for extra help.
- Attend class connect sessions or watch recordings.
- Attend any student support sessions they are invited to.
- Student should kmail or call me with questions they have or if they need extra help. They are in middle school now and should begin to take more ownership of their schooling.
- Students in math or reading intervention need to be attending their classes and completing the extra iReady minutes to help them in the areas they are struggling in.
- Update attendance daily. Subjects logged for attendance should match what subjects were worked on in the OLS for that day. PE minutes should be added if completed.
- Pay attention to due dates for assessments, work samples, TGAs, and PE logs.
- Reply to my emails or phone calls within 48 hours.
- Come to me with any questions or concerns.
- Work hard and have fun learning.
- Review this update each week! : )
Mark Your Calendars
3rd Quarter: February 4th – April 14th
8th – 12th- iReady Interim Assessments
15th- President’s Day- No School
19th- LP6 PE Log Due
29th- Semester 1 Student Recognition Assembly
11th – Q3 Work Samples with Cover Sheet
*Original Work, Please mail to my address above. No emailed/scanned samples this time will be accepted.
o Language Arts (4 total= Composition, GUM, Vocab AND Literature)
o Art and Music (if applicable)
Week of March 14th- Science Fair (Unit 11 will need to be completed to participate in the Science Fair. Contact me if you are interested!)
Week of March 14th- iReady Interim Assessments
18th- LP7 PE Log Due
18th- Composition: Research Report (Unit 5) Prewriting & Final Paper
*Mail, email, or Kmail
18th- Math: TGA (Unit 9, Lesson 11)
21st-25th- Spring Break- No School
14th- Literature: Critical Skills Assignment (Unit 15)
*Mail, email, or Kmail
22rd- LP8 PE Log Due
18th- 29th- Q3 In Person Meeting Window
CAASPP (State Common Core)testing window is late April through May. More information to come soon.
4th Quarter 4: April 15th – June 17th
iReady final assessment – date TBD (in May sometime)
Check the weekly OLS plan for links to the following weekly class connect sessions:
- Homeroom: Mondays 9:30a.m. (Optional)
- Math: Tuesdays-Fridays 9a.m.
- Language Arts for GUM and Composition: Tuesdays and Thursdays 11a.m.
Student Support Classes
Students may be invited support classes throughout the week. The students invited to the classes are subject to change weekly. Links to the classes, if invited, will appear on your weekly plan.