Save the Date!
Monday, December 2: Students return from Thanksgiving Break
Friday, December 13: Midterm Exams Begin (Grades 7-12)
December 18-20: Early Release Days (12:00 dismissal)
December 23-January 3: Christmas Break
January 6: Teacher PD Day (No school for students)
January 6 - January 31: Application window for 2020-2021
January 7: Students return from Christmas Break
Saturday, January 25: Junior Class Ring Ceremony
Midterm Exam Schedule
Midterm Exam Schedule
- Friday, December 13: 5th Block
- Monday, December 16: 3rd & 4th Block
- Tuesday, December 17: 6th & 7th Block
- *Wednesday, December 18: 1st & 2nd Block
- *Thursday, December 19th: 8th Block (Students will report to 8th block first)
- *Friday, December 20th: Make-Ups
*early dismissal day
2020-2021 New Student Application Window: January 6-31, 2020
The application will be available on our website, sma.pcpsb.net. Please share this information with interested families. Seats are VERY limited and interested families are strongly urged to apply before the window closes.
Applicants must have a 2.75 GPA and a clean behavior record.
Friendly Reminder - No Nut Products on Campus
Friendly Reminder about Approved Outerwear
- Only STEM Magnet Academy sweatshirts are allowed. If your child does not have a school sweatshirt, they may wear a uniform-approved jacket.
- Jackets, if not school official, must be solid purple, gray, black, or white. No “heather” or Sherpa jackets. Logos on jackets must not exceed 2x2.
- Solid purple, gray, black, or white leggings may be worn under skirts or jumpers.
School District Attendance Policy
Due to the increasing number of unexcused absences, we wanted to remind parents of the school district's attendance policy. Our curriculum is very rigorous and it is difficult for students to bounce back from unexcused absences. If your child is NOT sick, please be sure they are at school.
Legislative Act 745 requires a student’s parent or legal guardian to enforce school attendance. A student is considered truant (habitually absent or habitually tardy) after the fifth unexcused absence and/or after the fifth unexcused tardy within any school semester, which is a violation of state law punishable by a court of law.
It is parish policy that doctor’s excuses from a physician, obituaries for the deaths of family members, or other certified documentation to be submitted to the school within three days of returning after an absence. Failure to do so will result in an unexcused absence. Please be advised that a written note is necessary to have a child make up missed work, but does not always guarantee that the absences will be excused.
Let us work together to ensure that your child gets the best education possible.
Volunteer & Chaperone Policy (IMPORTANT)
- The school district is now requiring all volunteers, including field trip chaperones, to undergo a background check PRIOR to being able to volunteer for school activities and participate in field trips. All volunteers must also have a signed confidentiality agreement on file.
- Fingerprints must be done at the Louisiana State Police headquarters. The Louisiana State Police headquarters is located at 7919 Independence Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA.
- Click here to download the full volunteer packet & State Police forms.
- We truly appreciate and value all of our volunteers! Please remember that these steps are being taken for the safety of your child(ren).