Ms. Davis' 1st Grade Happenings!!!
We are had another great week in 1st grade! Thank you all fore the snacks!! We really appreciate it!
Take a look at some of our fantastic community projects below!! Everyone did a great job!!
The Joyner BOOK FAIR will be in the Media Center from Monday, November 4th until Friday, November 8th. Pastries for Parents will be Thursday, November 7th from 7:30 to 8:30 AM. Come on out and see the BOOK FAIR and support our school!! BOOK FAIR hours are:
11/04 Monday 8:00 AM until 3:00 PM
11/05 Tuesday 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM (OPEN LATE!!)
11/06 Wednesday 8:00 AM until 3:00 PM
11/07 Thursday 7:30 AM until 3:00 PM (Pastries for Parents)11/08 Friday 8:00 AM until 10:00 AM
*Our book fair viewing day is Monday Nov. 4 - Students will have the opportunity to view various books and make a wish list of the items they want.
*Our book fair buying day is Wednesday Nov. 6th - Please send your child with money if you would like them to purchase items from the book fair!
Next week we will...
- Math: Continue to learn about place value in teen numbers
- Science: Continue to observe how things move, and create zoomers
- Literacy: Review strategies on how to decode unknown words. Model trying different strategies. Demonstrate that good readers don't give up if a book seems hard
- Writing: Analyze opinion letters and begin to write our own opinion pieces
Message from Amy Gourley!!
Next Wednesday we will have a special guest speaker come and share about life in Thailand. The children will learn about similarities and differences between our schools, food, and other cultural themes. Our speaker will be returning to her home in Thailand in a few weeks. If your child would like to send her with something to share with the Thai school children upon her return, please have your child bring in a blue ink pen (the preferred writing implement for Thai school children) next Wednesday, November 6th.
- Early Release: Friday, November 8th
- No School: Monday, November 11th
- If you have not signed up for Guest Reader Fridays please do so! Click here to sign up.
- If you have not purchased a 1st grade t-shirt please do so! Click here to pay online.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Have a great weekend!