By Taylor Hanley
How do I Know if Someone is Thinking About Suicide?
- "I want to die"
- "I wish I was dead"
- "What's the use?"
- "Nothing matters. Who cares?"
- Giving away posessions or settling affairs
- Withdrawl from family, friends, or social activities
- Neglect or dramatic change in appearance
- Violent actions
- Drug and alcohol use
How do I Help?
Suicide IS Preventable
- Most people considering suicide want to live, but they believe there is no other option
- Show the person you care about them
- Talk to them directly about the problem and show empathy
- Make it clear you understand the,
- Don't keep the meeting a secret
You can go to a...
- A trusted adult like a parent or teacher
- A doctor
- A phycological professional
- A hot line
- A friend