By: Anthony Langel
Symptoms in early stages
Symptoms in later stages
The symptoms in the later stages of Hantavirus include, a cough that produces secretions, difficulty breathing because of fluid build up in lungs, low blood pressure, and reduced heart efficiency. Most of these symptoms can be very dangerous and in the end, very deadly.
- 1959- A 38 year old man gets HPS(HantaVirus Pulmonary Syndrome)
- Early 1993- Mice and rat population explodes due to heavy snow fall
- May 1993- In the Four Corners, a fit Navajo man dies after symptoms like a shortness of breath, his fiancee had died earlier of the same symptoms
- Summer 1993- In the Four Corners, 5 men died as well from the same symptoms
- June 1993- A Louisianan bridge inspector got HPS and had not been to the Four Corners
- November 1993- HPS in the Four Corners was isolated
- Late 1993- A Florida man gets HPS and had not been to the Four Corners
- 1996- HPS in Argentina was announced, since then several more world wide cases have been reported.
How to clean up dead mice or rats in traps or nests
How to clean up after rats or mice
How to clean up cabins, sheds, barns, etc
All the Hantavirus carriers
rice rat, the white-footed mouse, deer mice, and the cotton rat
Areas effected by hantavirus. Digital image. Mother Jones. Mother Jones. Web. 17 Dec. 2014.
Casil, Amy Sterling. Hantavirus. New York, NY: Rosen Pub. Group, 2005. Print.
"HantaVirus." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 20 Feb. 2014. Web. 05 Dec. 2014.
"Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome." Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic, 2 Jan. 2014. Web. 2 Dec. 2014.
"Hantavirus." Teen Health and Wellness. Rosen Publishing Group, Inc., 2014. Web. 4 Dec. 2014