Peek at the Week
March 28, 2016
First, thank you for your support already with this year's Fun Run. We are looking forward to seeing how the money we raise can enhance the technology resources and professional development at Harbins!
Second, thank you to all of you who came to the chorus concert Thursday night. It was an amazing evening celebrating the talents of your children.
Have a fantastic week!
It's great to be a Harbins Tiger!
Happy Friday Tigers!!
Thank you again for a successful week of boosterthon pledging!! We are doing great so far and the Tigers are pumped about our character lessons!!
We are so close to reaching our fundraising goal but need your help to get there! There is a great incentive this weekend only, called "The Weekend Challenge". This challenge includes a prize called the "drop and pop" that students can receive if they get $2.00 pledge per lap in new pledges, or $60.00 flat.
Make sure to log on to FUNRUN.com and check out the drop and pop video! Have a wonderful weekend and we can't wait to see you at the funrun!
Harbins Tiger Fun Run
The Harbins Tiger Fun Run will be about 2 weeks and is powered by the Fun Run experts at Boosterthon. Our Fun Run includes all students in a fun, team building, fitness event while helping our school raise much-needed funds.
Here’s how you can support Harbins Elementary:
* Register your student. To log in pledges, please register your child on funrun.com, using our school’s registration code:
Students receive a FREE GIFT just by having their parent or guardian register them on funrun.com.
* Reach out to sponsors. Connect with 10 sponsors. You can use social media in the pledging process and even create custom videos—all of this is on funrun.com. Be sure to capture and record each sponsor’s e-mail address. You will also have an easy opportunity to pay for your student’s pledge by credit card online through MPP.
* Ask your child about the BIG WORLD RECESS Character Play of the day! This year’s character theme is BIG WORLD RECESS, a global fitness theme all about playing with more character. Watch the fun videos with your child on funrun.com.
* Come to the Fun Run next Thursday! All students are invited to participate, regardless of financial participation. Remember, students will be running 30-35 laps, and we would love for you to come out and cheer.
Thank you for supporting our school. We hope to see you next week at the Fun Run!
Sincerely, The Harbins Elementary Staff
3/31 Fun Run Day Schedule
9:00 - 10:15 am - 2nd and 3rd grades
10:30 - 11:45am - K and 1st grade
1:00 - 2:15pm - 4th and 5th grade
Morning Car Riders
Just a reminder!
· Our warning bell rings at 8:10 a.m. Students are tardy at 8:15 a.m.
· We are going to keep the car rider line open until 8:15 a.m.
· At 8:15 a.m. cars will be directed to the bus lane. Parents will need to walk children in at that point.
· Please know that we open the car rider lane at 7:45 a.m., and there is at least a 25 minute window to drop your child off safely and have your child on time to school.
· We cannot have cars in the bus lane before 8:15 a.m.
· To truly ensure the safety of our entire school community, we would like everyone to make it through the car rider lane. Remember that at 8:15 a.m. our school day has begun.
If Your Child Will Not Be Returning to Harbins for 2016-17 School year
If your child will not be returning to Harbins Elementary for school year 2016-17, please contact us immediately. This information is needed in order to ensure that your student’s records are properly handled over the summer. Therefore, please provide us with the new school of attendance.
You may contact Deneen Parr, Registrar at 770-682-4271.
Jr. Beta Club Meetings
May 3rd 7:00 am
Georgia Milestones Practice
The following link provides access to the Georgia Milestones Experience Online Testing site. http://www.gaexperienceonline.com/
This link provides access to the tools available to students in the DRC assessment platform.
On March 8th, the GaDOE will make Georgia Milestone practice items available to students at this link.
Students can use this link have the opportunity to gain experience with the tools and items they will experience during this year's administration of Georgia Milestones
Milestones Testing Update
GA Milestones Testing Grades 3-5
Parents please make every effort to have your child present everyday for testing and on time. Testing will begin promptly at 8:30am. Please also avoid early checkouts before 12:00pm on the designated testing days. Thank you for helping us ensure we have a successful testing session at Harbins.
New Phone Answering System
Just a few reminders regarding school procedures
Lunchroom: We are so happy you want to come eat with your children. Please help us with the following:
1. Remember students, not adults, have priority for seating. We have to make sure all students have a seat.
2. Depending on availability of seats, students may invite one friend to the visitor table.
3. Refrain from taking pictures of students.
Car Riders: Please help us maintain safety for your children.
1. Remember that you must remain in your car at dismissal. Students cannot be released to you directly from the gym.
2. Your car rider tag must be displayed the entire time you are in the line.
It's that time of year again! Our last contest of the year for Box Tops! call your grandmas call your aunts and uncles, tell them to save their box tops for our school. Turn them in for the next 2 weeks. The person that has the most box tops turned in, will win a prize!! Make sure you go to the website and print a collection sheet or put them in bundles of 50 before you send them in. Your name must be on the sheet or the baggies when you put them in the BIG BOX TOP BOX out front! Happy Collecting!!
Parents if you have a child that has frequent accidents or a Kindergartner/first grader, please put extra clothes in your child's book bag. We are running very low on clothes in the clinic. So, if your child comes to the clinic with wet clothes, they may call you to bring them clothes, because I may not have anything to fit them in my closet. If your child borrows clinic clothes, please wash them and return them as soon as possible, so someone else can use them. ALL kindergartners and first graders should have a baggie of clothes in their book bag just in case!
Please make sure if you already have a change of clothes in your child's book bag, you change out the summer clothes and add winter clothes. Lots of friends have been coming in with shorts, and it has been way to cold for those lately!!
Thank you for your help with this!
Remind 101 - Instructions
Text this message: @harbinsf
Mrs. Chatham will use Remind 101 to send you text reminders about important school information.