West Genesee District e-Newsletter
November 5, 2020
Emergency Closing Information is Important!
Announcements about school closings, delayed openings, or early dismissal will be posted on the News Headlines section of the District website home page. They are also broadcast on Twitter, Facebook, and the following stations which you can access by clicking here.
SchoolMessenger communications software allows us to send emails, texts, phone app notifications, and make phone calls. (Phone calls will be used for emergency situations only.)
Parent/Guardians and staff will NOT need to sign-up to receive information from schools that you are registered for in Schooltool. (You will have the option to opt-out if you choose not to receive emails, texts, and/or phone calls. To receive texts, you also have to opt-in per the instructions in the Tips article below. )
For more information go to the website and click on Communications Sign-up/School App from the Connect section of the home page.
Are you Receiving All of our Communications? Helpful Tips about the SchoolMessenger Communication System:
- To be sure that you are receiving all emails sent from the District/schools/teachers please periodically check your spam/junk/promotions folder for emails with @westgenesee.org, then mark that they are not spam/junk/promotions.
- To be sure that you are receiving text messages this year from WGCSD or your school(s) Text a "Y" or "Yes" to 67587
If you still have questions about receiving emails and/or text from WGCSD please email them to email@example.com.
Refreshing Calendars on the Blackboard Mobile Phone App
As we update the calendars throughout the school year, it may be time to refresh the information feeding your mobile app.
So, you can refresh the mobile app calendar from an android phone by following these steps: open the app, go to settings, manage app, storage and then clear data and cache. For those with iphones follow these steps: open the app, go to settings, click on reset app defaults.
West Genesee District PTA/PTO is Hosting a Talk with the Superintendent
Please join the West Genesee PTA/PTO District Council for a Talk with the Superintendent on November 17, 2020 starting at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom.
USDA Free Meal Program Extended Again!
On October 16, 2020 the NYS Education Department shared that the USDA is extending the free meal program for all students now through June 30, 2021.The New York State Education Department (SED) has elected the use of the Nationwide waiver flexibilities provided by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to allow free meals to continue to be available to all children throughout the entire 2020-2021 school year.
Job Openings in the District
The West Genesee School District is looking for Substitute Bus Drivers, Substitute Bus Attendants, and Substitute School Nurses (both RN's and LPN's). Please refer to westgenesee.org for non-instructional applications and mail or email completed applications to:
Mr. David Cirillo, Director of Staff Relations, West Genesee Central School District, 300 Sanderson Drive, Camillus, NY 13031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The West Genesee School District is also looking for certified Teaching Assistants. Please click here to apply for one of those positions.
Check out the Latest News from these WGCSD Leadership Blogs
- Notes from the Superintendent
- Notes from Executive Principal Ackles
- Notes from the CMS Principal
- Notes from Principal Dunham (WGMS)
- Notes from Principal Craig (East Hill)
- Notes from Principal Clark (Onondaga Road)
- Notes from the Split Rock Principal
- Notes from Principal Simmons (Stonehedge Blue)
- Notes from Principal Suddaby (Stonehedge Gold)
- Notes from the Director of Special Education
- Notes from Team Remote
- Notes from the WG Nurses
- Notes from Fine Arts
- November 11, 2020 No School - Veteran's Day
- November 17, 2020 Talk with the Superintendent - 7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. - Virtual
- November 18, 2020 Board of Education Meeting - 7:00 p.m. - High School Library
- November 23-24, 2020 Elementary Parent Teacher Conferences - start at 11:15 a.m. - Students Dismissed at 11:15 a.m.
- November 25-27, 2020 Thanksgiving Recess