A newsletter to our staff & community - January 11-17th 2015
I would also like to thank the many staff and students who participated in the HS Showcase last Saturday at the Palmer for putting Lanier's best foot forward. We had a great display of student ambassadors promoting their program and Lanier's awesome culture and caring and student success. We are always working to make sure the best best and brightest choose Lanier as their place to work hard in making their dreams come true. Thank you all for your dedication to making that a reality. Have a great day and and as always... Have a great rest of the week.
Teacher / Staff of the Year Nominations
Also take a look at the other staff of the year nominations and see if you feel like nominating one of our amazing support staff for recognition of their excellence. We are so blessed to have these staff members that make the work possible and supported. Find that process in the link below.
My Brother Keeper - MBK
Learn more at https://www.whitehouse.gov/my-brothers-keeper
Late Start Schedule
8:10 - 8:30 General Business
8:30 - 9:30 Whole group Training for / by
- Security - Ofc Wooden
- Viking Values -PBIS Team
- 504 - Romero
- Valhalla Process - L. Beaman
9:30 - 10:00 PLC Planing time (Bookclub)- focus on targeted instruction and incorporation of literacy plan.
Owens on Duty
Monday 1-11 A Day
- Boys Soccer Vs Reagan @ Nelson JV 5:30 Var 7
Tuesday 1-12 B day
- High School Office Visit 1:30-3:30
- Girls Soccer vs Del Valle @ Lanier - LHS 4:30
- Girls Basketball vs Reagan @ Reagan JV 5:30, Var 7 pm
- Boys Basketball vs Reagan @ LHS JV 5:30, Var 7 pm SENIOR NIGHT
Wednesday 1-13 A day
- Teaching Staff Training in Goldroom during Conference per. - Student Interventions
- Start-up Superstars meeting in Goldroom at Lunch
- Boys Soccer - Varsity @ Copa Akins
Thursday 1-14 B day - LATE START
- Late Start
- Heart of Texas Writing Workshop for ELA I and II in Goldroom all day
Friday 1-15 B day
- Viking Wrestling @ Pederson Invitational in San Antonio all day
- Girls Basketball vs McCallum @ LHS Fr 5:30, JV 6:30, Var 8 pm
- Boys Basketball vs Reagan @ McCallum Fr 5:30, JV 6:30, Var 8 pm
- Girls Soccer vs Akins @ Lanier - LHS 4:00
In the distance...
January 27th - MBK Mentor virtual summit
February 3 - Lanier Showcase for incoming students
Attendance for last week = 90.3
As we look at individualizing our instruction it is evermore important to make sure we help get our students here every day. Please keep up the work wether as a classroom teacher calling home and planning amazing lessons, or support staff helping parents and students under stand the rewards and consequences of non attendance. It takes all hands on deck to make our goal of 93.3% this year. If we get them here, the magic can happen!!
College and Career Monthly Update
Here are some interesting facts to see the progress the CCC has made in the month of December:
- 94% college application rate (2 & 4 year) with 329 4-year applications and 38 2-year applications (285/304 seniors)
- 16 seniors currently registered for upcoming January SAT or ACT
- 15% of senior class have been accepted to a college or university (45/304 seniors)
- On December 3rd, College & Career Night gave information and a local college & career fair to freshmen, sophomores and juniors and their parents
- $43,000 has been awarded to students in scholarships (4/304 seniors)
Viking Fit - Take your Health Risk Assessment this month
Three steps to take your health assessment:
1. Log in to your secure member website at www.aetna.com. New to the site? Just click “Register.”
2. Click on “Health Records.”
3. Choose the “Take a health assessment” link — and go!
Please click above button to take a tour of Lanier's new sports portal on the web, Laniersports.com. Our amazing coaches are building out pages to highlight the athletes, their great effort, and their many successes. A great thank you to our fans!
Lanier's school newspaper is under new sponsorship & is headed into the 21st century by joining the digital world of SNO, student newspapers online. *Click the button above* to check out our first publication & provide feedback as to what you want.