Third Grade News
Week of 11/30
With the introduction of new characters, we decided to do a little character analysis. Students worked in small groups to identify some internal and external character traits of 4 characters. Afterwards, each group chose one character to bring to life in our classroom. Groups are making life size posters that we will cover with character traits! It's going to start looking like the Zuckerman's barn in our classrom! How fun!
Next week we will wrap up part 1 of Charlotte's Web (ch 1-9) and will take a comprehension quiz on it.
Next week's review list will be our last list before Winter Break. Word study will resume in January.
We will begin multiplication the week of December 14th with some games and assessments so that I can see what each student already knows about multiplication. After winter break we will learn about arrays, repeated addition and patterns in multiplication. Students will use these strategies to make multiplication games!
Next week we will learn the importance of Assembly lines and will learn more about each type of simple machine. After Winter Break we will take a field trip to the Herr's Potato Chip factory to see some machines in action.
- 12/7 - Gift Shop Opens - Forms & money are due
- 12/11 - CBA Sleepover - Turn forms in TODAY!
- 12/18 - Adopt a Family Gifts due & Crazy Holiday Spirit Day
- 12/22 - Winter Concert Dress Rehearsal at 10:30am. Wear concert outfits to school and bring uniforms to change into.
- 12/22 - Winter Concert at 6:30pm
- 12/23 - Pajama Day & Cookie Party - Sign up to donate items for the party at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0f4fa8ab2daa8-cbacookie
- 12/24 through 1/3 - Winter Break
- 12/28 though 12/30 - Winter Break Camp
- 1/4 - School Resumes & December BINGO due