LISA West High Newsletter
October 21 -25, 2019
October 21-25 Red Ribbon Week
October 22-ACT Aspire Interim1-Math and Science (Grades 9-10)
October 24-ACT Aspire Interim 1-English and Reading (Grades 9-10)
October 30 - PSAT / NMSQT (Grades 10 and 11)
October 30- Halloween Fest (5:00 pm to 10:00 pm)
October 31 - Staff Development Day/ Student Holiday (Fall break)
November 1 - Staff Development Online/ Student Holiday
November 8 - Fall Fest at LISA West (5:00 PM to 8:00 PM)
Red Ribbon Week October 21-25
"Too Smart To Start" Monday- Nerd Dress Up Day
My Future Is Drug-Free" Tuesday - Wear College Tees (W/Jeans)
"Think Of All You Can Do When You Stay Drug-Free" Wednesday - Dress As Future Career/Job
"Team Up Against Drugs" Thursday - Wear your favorite sport’s team jersey.
"Voting For My Future to Be Drug-Free" Friday - Wear Red, White, And Blue
LISA West High School Annual Fall Fest
Come out and enjoy a fun filled evening at LISA Academy High School!
The free jeans day pass will be given to all LISA West HS students that attend the event!
Please see our invitation flyer below.
LISA west HIGH school Tennis TEAM
Congratulations to Brianna and Barbara and Coach McGill for their championship 3A win against Episcopal Collegiate School. They now advance to the Overall Tournament next Monday and Tuesday at Burns Park. The LISA West High School team earned 2nd place. #JaguarPride 3A High School Tennis Girls Doubles Stats:
Barbara and Brianna Phillips, 10th Grade students at LISA West High School, played seven conference matches during our team season and were undefeated.
The twins advanced to the 3A High School District Tournament on October 8, 2019, and were awarded 2nd place. They lost against Episcopal #1 Girls Doubles Team, defending State Champions
With fire and might the girls advanced to the 3A High School State Tournament on October 14-15, 2019 and competed for their way to the State Championship finals. They played against Episcopal #1 Girls Doubles Team, defending State Champions and beat them 6-2, 6-2.
Barbara and Brianna Phillips have advanced to the Overall Tournament where all High School Division Level State Champions will compete for the title of Overall State Champion.
Hendrix Representative Visit
Physics Day Field Trip
AP Physics students joined Physics Day hosted by the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Texas A&M University-Commerce on October 12. Students were done the following activities; lab tours, demonstration of Planetarium, TAMUC observatory and SARA telescopes, Hands-on activities with faculty and students, department overview, careers unlocked by physics degrees, panel discussion.
Thank you, Mr. Eren and Mr. Konac for sponsoring this engaging event for our students
LUNCH SCHEDULE UPDATE
We will implement a new lunch schedule starting from Monday, October 21, 2019
This change is made because of the following reasons:
- Current lunch times are very early. Students usually focus more in the morning time(especially before lunch). But, going to lunch during the second block is decreasing the focus in classes.
- With this new schedule, students and teachers will have 2 full uninterrupted blocks.
- Testing schedules. We will no longer need to change lunch schedules during testing with this new schedule.
- Reducing discipline issues.
Good News! Update on Next Year's Plans
We would like to inform you that the Charter Authorizing Panel approved LISA Academy`s proposal on Tuesday, October 15, 2019, with all of our amendment requests listed in the previous e-mail sent by district. Please see the next year`s plan details below. You may find more details on the Arkansas Democrat Gazette`s News HERE.
- 9th-12th grades would relocate to the current LRPA the middle school building at 6711 West Markham, providing more space and a full-size gym, complete with bleacher seating, for the high school. This building would receive significantly renovations, making it a quality high school facility.
- 7th- 8th grades would relocate to the current LISA West High School Building at 23 Corporate Hill.
- 6th grade (currently housed in a modular building on the elementary campus) would be relocated to the current LISA West Middle School building at 21 Corporate Hill Drive, allowing a much stronger focus and identity as a 6th Grade Academy. Part of the plans for the 6th Grade Academy would include a Maker Space, in addition to much more space for offering other STEM programs.
FTC Robotics team Game Night
Would you be interested in helping LISA?
We need volunteers for school activities, programs and etc.
Please sign up for the VOLY to become a volunteer. You can see the upcoming opportunities and details below.
After School Care
Aftercare is a service we offer to our students to protect them and keep them out of the elements after dismissal at 3:20 pm. Aftercare is a paid expense of $60.00 a month and allows your students to stay on campus, and be supervised until 5:30 pm daily. Any student who remains on campus past dismissal will be directed to aftercare to wait on their rides. Any student who accumulates an aftercare stay of more than twice a week, or more than six times in a month, will be charged $60.00 for the month. Any students staying after school for clubs, tutoring, or any other extracurricular activity must be picked up immediately upon club dismissal. Students left on campus once activities are dismissed will be sent to aftercare and charged. To sign your student(s) up for aftercare, please see the front office.
- Students need to be in clubs, aftercare or picked up by 3:30 PM.
- All students need to leave the campus area after 3:30 PM.
- Any students who are not picked up by 3:30 PM after dismissal or after their clubs end time will be asked to go to aftercare. Students go to aftercare 2 or more times in a week or 6 or more times in a month will be charged a monthly fee.
- After 5:30 PM, there will be no supervision by LISA Academy staff, and students will not be allowed to stay in the building. LISA Academy is not responsible for students that are not picked up after the students are dismissed from After Care.
- The set monthly fee is $60 for the first child. Any additional children will be $20 less than the original amount (example child 1-$60, child 2-$40, child 3-$40). The first payment is due upon registration.
No cell phone usage on campus
All cellular phones, cell phone accessories, and electronic devices must be turned off and kept in the locker during the school day and while in a school building. The school will not be responsible for damage to, loss or theft of any cellular phone or electronic device a student brings to school. The use of camera phones for recording is strictly forbidden on the school premises at any time. If something needs to be addressed, email the teacher, or, if it is urgent, call the front office.
Repeat offenders will be sanctioned in line with our existing behaviour policy
All students must wear the LISA Academy uniform shirt. This shirt must be purchased from the school, and may not be substituted with a plain polo shirt. Pants Properly fitting navy blue or khaki uniform style pants or shorts are required.
**Black uniform pants are NOT permitted.
• Joggers are allowed (elastic at the ankle).
• Shorts must be to the knee cap or longer. No skirts or skorts are allowed.
• Flat pocket cargo-style pants may be worn. No expandable pocket cargo
pants are allowed.
• NO denim, no form-fitting (skinny), no yoga style (stretch), and no
sweat pants may be worn.
All students must wear closed-toe and closed-heel shoes with solid soles.
• The only school (LISA) authorized uniform outerwear may be worn in the
building. LISA Academy fleece, sweaters, and/or sweatshirts ONLY.
Scarves around the neck, gloves, or hats may not be worn inside the
building. “Hoodies” may not be worn inside the school building.
Outerwear can be ordered online at: http://toggerykids.com/
ALL STUDENTS MUST FOLLOW OUR SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY
Administration Contact Info
Mr. Altun – Principal
Ms. Blair -- Assistant Principal/Dean of Students
Mr. Dilber -- Assistant Principal/Dean of Academics
Front Office Staff Contact Info
Mrs. Propps -- Secretary/Nutrition Coordinator
Ms. Stearman – Registrar
College Counselors Contact Info