Adapting to Change
Why are you making a career change?
Many people now a day change their career many time in their lives. Today is not like it use to be back in the older days, where you get a job and stick to it. People are constantly changing their jobs for many different reasons.
1. Because you’re are not happy - before giving up though, consider if there might be a way to stay and solve the problem but, if you don't like your job and what you do, get out as soon as you can! It is best to get out in the beginning instead of later on so there aren't many more reason for you not to quit.
2. Because you want to grow - if you feel unfulfilled or unchallenged it might be time to move on.
3. Because your job is terminated - you can prepare for an unexpected job loss by staying alert to signs of trouble.
If you come along something where you unexpectedly lose your job there are many things to do and consider before you move on completely from your job you just got laid off of. Depends on where you work your employer should offer job search services and severance pay which is money that may be offered to employees who are dismissed. Also if you have any funds from profit sharing or pension plans. Ask, if you have payed vacation time, if you have vacation days left for payment for unused vacation time. Your employer should also cover and extend your health insurance coverage.
Developing a Plan
Steps On Bettering Your Career Planning
- You need to analyze your current life style. Are you doing what you like now?
- You need to analyze what your likes and dislikes are
- If you don't like what you were currently doing you need to research new careers.
- Training/education - You may need to update your skills that you have or even bring in more skills.
Making the Change
Beginning a new Journey
Quality and Behaviors of Being Promoted
Seniority - which is the position you achieve by working for an employer for a long amount of time
knowledge and competence - employers promote those who know how to do their job
Willingness to learn
perseverance - the quality of finishing what you start
Education and training