Whole Child Quarterly
Healthy Students are Better Learners
Introducing our 21-22 Officers
IN THIS ISSUE
- Michigan Model for Health™ In the Spotlight
- Resources to Support Safety After a Crisis
- K-5 Consent Toolkit
- K-12 MMH and SEL Alignment
- Mi-LEAP: Trauma Responsive Resources
- Virtual Health Series
- Save the Date: Connecting with Kids through School Health
- Call for Presenters, Vendors and Sponsors
- A Message from SHAPE Michigan
- Information on getting healthcare coverage
Michigan Model for Health™ in the Spotlight: Video and Other Media Updates are Coming!
In our continuous improvement efforts to maintain a relevant and engaging health education curriculum for pre-school to 12th grade students, a Materials Review Team has been established to help replace older videos with new media that can be easily streamed and accessed by classroom and health teachers with a few clicks of a mouse.
Here are a few recent recommendations that will soon be put into place:
- Grade 1 - Nutrition and Physical Activity Unit, Lesson 3 – Replacement of the CD “Exercising Every Day” with a short video, Fit Kids Move 60 Minutes a Day
- Grade 5 - Nutrition and Physical Activity Unit, Lesson 1-Replacement of Nutrients Posters used to gather information and input from students with Power point slides that can be projected on a white board for simpler and more effective facilitation and instruction.
- Grade 6 - Nutrition and Physical Activity Unit, Lesson 2 – Replacement or Editing of the video My Plate and You: Learning About Nutrition.
Michigan Model for Health teachers will receive updates on new curriculum materials through their Regional School Health Coordinator. Updates will also be shared on the Michigan Model for Health website, www.michiganmodelforhealth.org on the News and Updates page.
Resources to Support Safety After a Crisis
NEW! K-5 Consent Toolkit from MOASH
K-12 MMH and SEL Alignment
NEW! Mi-LEAP: Trauma Responsive Resources
21-22 Virtual Health Series
Register for the February session on the Health School Assessment Tool (HSAT) here.
Connecting with Kids through School Health 2022
Monday, June 20th, 8am to Tuesday, June 21st, 4pm
3575 N U.S. 31 S
Traverse City, MI
Call for Presenters, Vendors and Sponsors!
Currently, we are in the process of gathering presenters, sponsors, and vendors for our conference. Our conference theme encompasses leadership, partnership, strategies and programming that meet the needs of the Whole Child, ultimately ensuring academic success.
Visit our conference webpage for further information and to apply! Note that applications are due Friday February 4th.
The Society of Health and Physical Education of Michigan (SHAPE-Michigan) partnering with MiSHCA seeks to support the efforts of physical educators across Michigan. Educating our students has evolved quickly from in-person to hybrid to virtual and all of the combinations in between.
Michigan School Health Coordinators' Association
We are MISHCA, a non-profit made up of local experts on the Whole Child (the WSCC Model).
Join the conversation using:
#MiSHCA #MM4H #WholeChildMI #MiHealthEd