To know God and to make Him known
- Our community is evidence that the Lord is faithful when we walk in obedience to Him. 19 families and 33 students and still growing! I pray as you walk this home school journey with us you have the peace of Christ as a place of rest for your soul. John 14:27
- THANK YOU ALL for arriving on-time and being awesome stewards of the resource of the church facilities that the Lord has provided to us at zero cost. Some communities have to pay a facility fee and we are blessed to not. I appreciate all the hard work and team work as a community to be awesome steward's of what the Lord has provided.
- Spider webs and dead fish, oh my! Science was exciting today. Just an idea. Take a ball of yarn out side or inside and wrap it around chairs or small trees in crazy fashion as you sing or chant the memory work together. Then step back and see if anyone can poke their head up through the web without getting caught!
- Check out the video links below regarding some hand motions for learning prepositions and the 10 Commandments. The preposition song is the official CC song found as track 9 on the Timeline and More CD in your Cycle 1 CD case.
- Official CC Latin and Math songs are found on the Subject CD tracks 29-24 and 35-58 respectively.
Tutor & Teacher Talk
- Mrs. Victoria's Class today reviewed with a game of "keep away" with a small stuffed animal. Whoever caught the stuffed animal got to answer a review question. My girls love this kind of active, yet so simple, review time! And while the weather is still amazing a water balloon (or two or three or four) would be fun to toss as you review.
- Several of our tutors googled "mirror images" for some fun printables to talk about what it means to draw a mirror image. Mrs. Stacy's class had basic shape's and Mrs. Courtney's class used OiLs to complete a picture of an owl.
- Mrs. Robyn's class continued working on learning the CC Timeline hand motions - video will be emailed.
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
Digging Deeper @ Home
So you have a CC Connected membership but now what? A fellow CC mom has created this blog that takes you step by step with pictures through how to download songs and files to be used at home. Contact me with additional questions.
Your tutor might have mentioned "blob mapping" or might mention it in coming weeks. Here is a quick blog about what that means. We spend about 5-10 minutes a day outside of CC "drawing maps." This year my girls and I will start with Blob Mapping.