Configuring a Router
Find the troubleshooting tips for the routers
The computer users who wish to make a local network for their firm or home should know the basic concepts of networking. Networking is a vast sector in the computer technology but it provides the access to the clients to avail the internet facility. However, many of the users are facing problem while connecting the network using their routers and post questions on the internet to get clarification. The router is an important component, which act as a gateway to provide access to the internet. The computers which have the router and strong internet connection can explore plenty of possibilities in the internet. However, if the users should configure them in proper manner and know some of the basic checklists if the connection didn’t established. In the upcoming passages, the users can find useful tips for common router problems.
The importance of configuring a router:
Without the router, the users cannot access the internet and both local and large networks should effectively configure them. The default address for the routers is 192.168.l.l and it is possible to change them using the vendor console management tools. The users who feel difficult to remember the default IP address can also change it using the tools. The home page of the router will let the users to change the address and credentials. However, they need to enter the default ID and Password as Admin on their first login. The new credentials will take effect from the next login and the users can change this whenever they want.
Checklists for router issues:
Sometimes the users may feel difficult while configuring the router and those are very common. They no need to worry about it and those issues can be quickly rectified. However, the users are advised to go through the following checklists whenever there is any problem.
· Check the power status of the router because the router is not active when it doesn’t have power supply.
· Check the connectivity of the computer and router. The connection should be strong enough otherwise the users cannot access the internet from their home or local network.
· The router light should be blinking to connect network. The users are advised to refer their user manual in order to find out the meanings of different lights.
· The cable and DSL modem should be connected with routers. The users need to check them before establishing the connections.
· Check the default address of the router while accessing its home page. The manual errors like misspelled words may cause trouble in logging in the router. So, check twice the address while entering them in the web browser.
· The users who are connecting the router using the Wi-fi mode should check their router is configured to the wireless network or not.
· To check this, the users can switch off the router and can see which network disappears from the router’s wireless network list.
So, the router problems can be easily rectified if the users go through these checklists.