October 24 - 30, 2021
It was a busy week with so many great things happening in and out of the classroom at BHS! Additional News and Notes below. I hope those of you that are celebrating have a safe holiday.
Thank you, and let me know if we can support your student in any additional way.
Brockport High School
Ph: (585) 637-1877
Fax: (585) 637-1867
Senior Holiday Celebration!
News and Notes
Our fall 2021 Focus will arrive at District homes through the Suburban News this weekend (October 30). Click above for an electronic copy for your review. We hope you enjoy our fall highlights!
"Bravo!" to the cast and crew of 12 Angry Jurors!
Senior Information Night
BHS Morning Arrival Changes
Thank you to all who have adjusted to our new morning drop off procedures at BHS. Initial reports suggest traffic is moving more smoothly and safely. In case you have not yet seen the prior communicaiton, I have included it again in this week's newsletter. Please see below.
Over the start of the 2021-22 school year, concerns have arisen regarding the increased traffic in our morning drop off (Lot D) and the safety of students and staff as they make their way from that lot into the building. In our work to support a safe arrival for all, starting Monday, October 25th, we are implementing the following changes and protocols:
- There will be new signage designating a dedicated drop-off area at the curb on the east side of the building. Please only drop off your child in this area.
- BCSD support staff will direct traffic in the drop-off area. We ask that all drivers pull as far forward in the drop-off area as they can before letting their student out of the car.
- All cars must remain in the drop-off line and drop off curbside only. Please do not pull through or park in parking spots when dropping off students. This significantly impairs our ability to control traffic patterns and to keep pedestrians out of the flow of traffic.
- Please remain in line and do not pass other cars in the drop-off line.
- Please do not drive down the middle row. That lane is only for staff members who are parking.
- To decrease any backup in our parking lot, school doors will open at 7:10am starting Monday, October 25th. Students will not be able to enter the building prior to that time.
- When leaving parking lot D from 7-7:30am, you must turn right. This will allow traffic to flow more effectively and avoid backups.
Please reference the image below for clarification on traffic patterns. We will continue to monitor our arrival closely and will address any ongoing concerns as needed. Thank you for your assistance and cooperation in maintaining the safety of everyone on our campus.
Brockport High School: (585) 637-1870
Principal: (585) 637-1877
Assistant Principal Benzan: (585) 637-1870
Assistant Principal Bourne: (585) 637-1979
Assistant Principal Iacchetta: (585) 637-1870
Attendance Office: (585) 637-1871
Attendance Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Counseling Office: (585) 637-1873
School Nurse: (585) 637-1872