The Sunday Message
Announcements, Resources, Celebrations 4/15/19
WE ARE BETTER TOGETHER.
PUE Staff Loved the 1st Grade Breakfast
"Panthers Give Back" Keeping PUE Campus Clean
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK OF April 15, 2019
WAKE COUNTY YEAR-ROUND SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED ON GOOD FRIDAY, APRIL 19
The PUE Staff would like to thank all the 1st Grade Parents for sponsoring a delicious appreciation breakfast from CrepeTime Catering. Thank you also to Heather Wilson, PTA President and Valerie DeBruin, PTA VP for arranging the set up. What a great treat!!!
Spring Box Tops Contest Update
Please continue sending in your Box Tops and Tyson Project A+ Labels. We have two collections left before the contest ends on April 29. The current classroom leaders are:
- 1st Place - Ms. Boose's 5th grade class with 637 labels collected,
- 2nd Place - Ms. Stunda's Kindergarten class with 286 collected, and
- 3rd Place - Ms. Woronka's 5th grade class with 201 collected.
Please send the Box Tops in often as they do expire.
Single Subject Acceleration
Students meeting qualifying criteria in grades K‐7 can take advanced academic content in mathematics or English Language Arts through Single Subject Acceleration (SSA). This ensures opportunities for appropriate levels of academic challenge.
The nomination and testing windows for SSA are as follows:
- Year-Round Track 1 Calendar Schools - 4/15-4/29/2019 Testing 5/7-5/13/2019
- Year-Round Track 2 Calendar Schools - 4/16-4/30/2019 Testing 5/8-6/7/2019
- Year-Round Tracks 3 and 4 Calendar Schools - 5/10-5/23/2019 Testing 6/3-6/7/2019
SSA nomination forms are now available HERE.
Mark Your Calendar
Monday, April 15-19
- WCPSS Media Specialist Appreciation Week
- WCPSS Social Worker Appreciation Week
Tuesday, April 16
- 8:15 PTA Meeting
Thursday, April 18
- Track 3 Tracks Out
Monday, April 22-26
- WCPSS Administrative Assistant Appreciation Week
Monday, April 22
- Earth Day
- Track 4 tracks in
Friday, April 26
1:15 Love the Earth Program 2nd Grade, T 2 & 4
Saturday, April 27
- Letterland Celebration at Pullen Park
Monday, April 29- Friday May 3
- WCPSS Child Nutrition Employee Appreciation Week
Friday, May 3
- Report Cards for Track 4 go home