Dhruv Menon, Period 6, 4/28/15
- Auschwitz-Birkenau - Visiting this Nazi concentration camp turned museum is an experience words cannot describe. This huge memorial of World War II has been visited by more than 25 million people.
- The Main Market Square - The Main Market Square is the largest medieval town square, dating back to the 13th century. The square, located in Krakow, is surrounded by medieval townhouses, historic buildings, palaces, and churches. the Square is dominated by the cloth hall, which was rebuilt in 1555 in the Renaissance style.
- The Wieliczka Salt Mine - Located on the outskirts of Krakow this salt mine is considered to be one of the oldest companies in the world. Salt has been mined from this location continuously since the 13th century. The site has an underground city with a chapel that is said to have the best acoustics in all of Europe
Transportation and Hotel Prices
So in total the plane and hotel prices will add up to $1,218.
- Day 1 - Palace of Culture and Science
- Day 2 - Copernicus Science Centre
- Day 3 - Fryderyk Chopin Museum
- Day 4 - Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Day 5 - Main Square
- Day 6 - Wawel Castle
- Day 7 - Kraków Cloth Hall
"Polish Traditions and Customs." Polish Traditions and Customs. N.p., n.d. Web.
30 Apr. 2015. <http://polishpresents.com/Polish_Christmas.html>.
Steves, Rick. Kraków: Poland's Cultural Capital. YouTube. N.p., n.d. Web. 30
Apr. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxARTvlbKAk>.
"10 Top Tourist Attractions in Poland." touropia. N.p., 21 Apr. 2015. Web. 3 May
"Time to Cooperate." Poland Today. N.p., n.d. Web. 3 May 2015.
"Polish Desserts and Sweets — top 22 desserts from Poland." Tasting Poland.
N.p., n.d. Web. 3 May 2015. <http://www.tastingpoland.com/food/