Principal's Weekend Update
February 2nd, Presentation of the Lord
In this issue...
- Saint Mark's Gala
- The Aim Higher Foundation Contest
- Saint Mark's to be offering CGS curriculum
- Saint Mark's to be offering ECFL curriculum
- Virtus Training
- Referral Incentive Opportunity
- Open House Events
- Financial Aid: 18/19 Enrollment Info
- Catholic Student Financial Raffle
- Changing of the (School Counselor) Guard
- Saint Mark's has recently been selected as the recipient of a very generous grant written last spring for $15,000 by a foundation that prefers anonymity. The grant is to support our current year's tuition assistance, and we are hopeful that we can write the grant for funds for next year's financial aid as well.
- Our Lost and Found is piling high! If you are missing anything, please take a look through our collection of missing items. We will be donating unclaimed items soon.
- We would like to extend a big thank you to all of the families that participated in Marker Monday this past week at Panera! It is so great to see everyone in our community come together to enjoy each other's company and support our school. We hope to see everyone at the next one!
The Gala is this weekend!
Well, friends, there’s not much more to say about the Masquerade Ball and Gala other than it is tomorrow night! We sincerely hope that you are planning to join us. The Gala Committee’s reward for all its hard work and planning is to be able to share this fantastic event with you, our fellow parents. Doors open at 5:30 and if you have not already purchased tickets, you can still do so at the door. More information can be found online at www.stmgala.com. We hope to see you there!
In addition, take a look at what the silent and live auctions have to offer below!
-The Gala Committee
The Aim Higher Foundation Tuition Giveaway!
Saint Mark's to be offering CGS curriculum
We are pleased to announce that we are offering Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) beginning this spring and next fall!
CGS is a powerful program that serves to ignite and strengthen the relationship between God and his children. Please see their website below for more information.
Saint Mark's to be offering ECFL curriculum
The next Virtus Training session hosted by Saint Marks will be on February 8th from 6:00-9:00 pm. By Fall of 2018, all parents will need to complete a Virtus Training session.
You will need to create an account on Virtus.org in order to pre-register for a session. It is also necessary to complete a background check, code of conduct training, and mandatory reporter training. Lastly a volunteer application,123b form, and Code of Conduct (red folders in the office) must be completed. All other forms are available on the St Mark's volunteer page.
Referral Incentive Opportunity
Saint Mark's is offering tuition credit to current families who recommend a new family that completes a tour and completes a tuition agreement. Details about the incentive are below.
- $50 credit to your tuition account when you recommend a family and they complete a tour with Mr. Zeckser or Mrs. Overhaug at Saint Mark's.
- $50 credit to your tuition account when you recommend a family and they complete a tuition agreement.
- No limit on the number of credits - the more the better.
- This incentive program replaces the discounted registration fee offered in the past. The goal is to share Saint Mark's with more students.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Mr. Zeckser or Mrs. Overhaug.
Thank you for your support of our school!
Open House Events
We will host another event for current Marker families as well as prospective families. This event is called "A Taste of Saint Mark's" and will include a sampling of unique Saint Mark's School experiences as well as a sampling of delicious food representative of our diverse community. All are welcome, including prospective families considering us for any grade K-8.
Financial Aid and 2018/19 Enrollment Information
Financial aid applications are open for the 2018-19 school year. The deadline for applications is coming up very soon on February 15th. You will need your 2016 taxes in order to apply. Please complete your application on TADS and complete enrollment for 18-19 - by clicking the ‘enrollment’ tab in your TADS account. Click each child’s name to complete their registration.
Need-based financial aid will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to returning students. While we have more aid to give than previously, two of our sources (Aim Higher and CSAF) give recipient schools less liberty with the funds now, so it is important for families to complete their application by February 15th.
Financial aid is available for preschoolers expected to enter kindergarten at Saint Mark's in the fall of 2019 - see grant interface below to apply.
For more information about the Aim Higher scholarship, please see the mailchimp flyer below.
Enrollment for 2018-19 is now open! Information was emailed on January 15th.
Preschoolers returning to preschool- please see myTADS.com below.
Preschoolers entering Kindergarten, and students entering grades 1-8, please check your email for your re-enrollment link, or log in to your TADS account and click the ‘enrollment’ tab.
The following deadlines are in place:
Financial aid applications due: Feb 15
Financial aid awarded: March 15
Tuition agreements due: April 15
Catholic Student Financial Raffle
The 2018 Catholic Schools Raffle has begun!
Your $5 ticket helps support Saint Mark’s, and helps us reach our fundraising goal. Sponsor Catholic United Financial is covering the materials and promotions costs for this fundraiser, which means we keep every dollar we raise!
Follow the Catholic Schools Raffle on Facebook or Twitter for updates.
There are some awesome prizes to win such as a brand new Chevy Trax, $20,000 cash, and other prizes totaling over $40,000!
Your help in selling tickets will help us make our way to being one of the top performing 3 schools, winning us a $3,000 grant from Catholic United Financial! There will also be awesome prizes for the top selling classrooms and top selling student!
Thank you to everyone who has participated so far!
Changing of the (School Counselor) Guard
News and Upcoming Events
- Open gym, Fridays 4:30-6
- Annual Gala, Feb 3
- Virtus Training, Feb 8
- Parent Visit Day, Feb 14
- All School Mass, Feb 14
- Teacher Prof Development: 11:30 Dismissal, Feb 16
- Taste of Saint Mark's Event, Feb 22
Check out this week's episode of the Roar! Follow the same link to subscribe and get updates from The Roar straight to your phone!