Ms. Schmidt's Classroom News
April 4, 2016
April 5 - Cabarrus Arts Council - $1
April 11 - Tiger World - $6
We will need chaperones for our Tiger World Trip. Please check your calendar and let me know if you can volunteer.
ALL CHAPERONES MUST HAVE CURRENT BACKGROUND CHECKS ON FILE WITH CABARRUS COUNTY SCHOOLS. Please contact Elizabeth Wilburn in the main office for information about how to complete this.
Helping Your Child At Home
Here are some activities/games you can do to help your child practice their facts:
- Dice Game - Roll two dice and add the numbers. Make it a competition- challenge your child to answer quicker than you.
- Card Game - Using a deck of cards, using only cards to 10. Flip two cards and add the numbers together. To add another skill, play with another person and then compare the numbers, whoever has the highest number after adding, gets all the cards from that round.
***Supplies Needed - We are in need of copy paper. If you can donate a pack, we would greatly appreciate it!
What are we learning?
- Addition and Subtraction Strategies ( +/- 10)
- Cross-Genre Study
- Activating Schema and Making Connections Before, During and After Reading
- Poetry - Students will learn how to express their feelings and thoughts through poetry.
Science & Social Studies
- Animal Habitats and Needs
April 5 - Cabarrus Arts Council Field Trip $1
April 11 - Report Cards
April 12 - Tiger World Field Trip $6
April 14 - Kindergarten Parent's Night 6-7pm
April 15 - Parent's Night Out
April 20 - Spring Pictures
April 21 - Science/Makerfair
April 22 - Career Day
April 29 - Uniform Free Day
Illness and Absences
Absences - If your child is absent, we must have a written note or email stating the reason. We cannot mark an absence excused based on a phone call. Please always write a note.