Sacred Heart Catholic School News
December 5, 2022
Happy St. Nicholas Day---December 6th
Traditionally, St. Nicholas Day is celebrated on the day of his death, December 6, and children leave shoes or stockings outside of their bedroom door or on the hearth.
Hopefully, St. Nick will stop by our school on Tuesday. Students will put shoes in the hallway. If they have been nice, they will find a candy cane. If they have been naughty, they will find a piece of coal.
How to Access Your Child's Trimester 1 Report Card on Educate
1. After logging in to Educate, from your " homepage", select "School" from the left side of the page.
2. Click "Students"
3. Click "Report Cards"
***Click on the PDF icon to view Trimester 1 Report Card.
If you cannot log into Educate or you are having trouble, please contact Sarah Bowback.
Reminders for this Week
Remember that this is an optional activity for your child. Your child brought home a green envelope last week. If you want your child to shop at Santa's Workshop, please return the envelope this week with cash or a check. Directions are on the envelope. Your child's class is scheduled to shop on Thursday or Friday.
2. January lunches are now ready to order.
3. School mass is Thursday this week for Immaculate Conception.
4. Join us for our band/orchestra concert on Tuesday at 12:45 pm or 6:30 pm.
Kindness Awards for November
Mr. Melius HR-Gus
Mrs. Hippen HR-Evelin
Mrs. Barbatsis/Mrs. Petit HR-Tim
Mrs. Thomes HR-Annaliese
NEW---Study Hall After school for grades 5-8 Starting TODAY!
Cost: $5.00 per student each day and collected when your child attends a particular day.
Middle School Honor Roll--Trimester 1
Gold Honor Roll--All A's
Silver Honor Roll--All A's and B's
****Students may be out of uniform on Wednesday, December 7th.
Santa's Workshop: December 8-9
Volunteers Needed:Santa’s Workshop is December 8th and 9th and Santa’s elves are needed to help students shop, wrap gifts, and collect money. Volunteers are needed on Thursday morning and afternoon and volunteers to send food for the elves. Please sign up to help in person or to send refreshments for Santa’s elves.
What is Santa’s Workshop?
Santa’s Workshop provides students Pre-K 3 through 8th grade the opportunity to purchase Christmas gifts for their loved ones. Each family will receive an envelope with gift tags to help their student create a shopping list by filling the gift tags out. You’ll return the envelop with money and the gift tags for your student to shop. Gifts range between $1 and $8 and students will be helped to stay within their budget. We want all students who want to participate to be able to do so, so a Saint Nicholas fund is established to help all students participate. Envelopes will be sent home after Thanksgiving.
Where do the funds go?
Santa’s Workshop is PTC’s biggest fundraiser. All funds raised go directly back in to the school to support student activities and treats and teacher appreciation gifts and meals, among many other PTC initiatives. We appreciate the continued support for this wonderful event!
Donate a basket or other items for our gala. Don't forget today is Cyber Monday!
Please consider buying an item to be used in the silent or live auction at the 9th annual Sacred Heart Gala, "We Are All In This Together" taking place on February 10th, 2023. If you want to donate an item, but are having trouble thinking of what to donate, we have some ideas on the signupgenius. Thank you for your generosity in considering supporting us!
Some items listed have an amazon link directly to the item, if you are able to use the link (may have to copy and paste), please feel free to send it directly to the school: 4050 Hubbard Ave. N. Robbinsdale, MN, 55422. For any other items or baskets please drop them off at the main office, or contact Zach Fimon (763-285-6256, firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange having an item picked up. You will receive a thank you for your donation following the event. Thank you for your help in making our Gala an incredible night!
All baskets are due on January 20th.
Let me know if you think of anything else we need to include or have any questions!
Director of Advancement
Christmas Programs in December
1. 3 and 4 year old Pre K: Thursday, December 15th at 5:15 pm.
The 3 and 4/5 PreK students have their program the same night as K-8 but it will be at 5:15 pm. Please arrive at 5:00 pm. We will sing songs and everyone may stay for pizza, beverages and/or cookies. Watch for an invitation. Then families may choose to attend the K-8 program at 6:15 pm in the gym.
2. Grades 1, 3, 5, and 7: Thursday, December 15th 6:15 pm.
The Sacred Heart Christmas production of "Babes in Toyland" is fast approaching! Grades 1,3,5, and 7 are performing for the school at 12:20 and for family and friends at 6:15 on Thursday, December 15. Please have the seventh graders be at school that night at 5:15 with costumes ready to go so we can practice any last minute things. Grades 1,3,and 5 should arrive by 6:00 to meet their teachers in the Marion rooms. All involved have been working really hard, looking forward to it!
3. Band/Orchestra Concert-Tuesday, December 6 at 6:30 pm. Join us for a night of beautiful music by our band and orchestra students. It will definitely put you in the Christmas mood.
2nd Week of Advent
7:40 am Advent prayer service (3rd)
2:10 pm Sterling Karate (make-up)
St. Nick's Day
12:45 pm Band/Orchestra school performance
6:30 pm Band/Orchestra evening performance
2:10-3:00 pm Sterling Karate
8:00 a.m. School Mass---Immaculate Conception
6:00 pm B Squad boys' basketball game @ SHCS
7:00 pm JV boys' basketball game @ SHCS
No School Mass
10:00 am School Penance Service--grades 3-8
December 15 Christmas Program 12:30 pm/6:15 pm
December 15 PreK Christmas Program 5:15 pm
December 20 All-school caroling at end of day
December 21-January 3 Christmas Break
January 4 Return to School
January 10 PTC meeting
January 16 Movie Night sponsored by PTC
January 17 No School-Martin Luther King Day
January 27 Frosty Fun Dance--PreK-5th grade
January 29 Open House at SHCS---11:00-12:30 pm, Book Fair, Coffee & Donuts
January 30-February 3 Catholic Schools Week
Retake photos are now ready!
Questions: Please contact email@example.com or call 952-473-2142.
Gala 2023 February 10, 2023 Check out what is NEW at our gala this year!
New to the Gala this year:
- Discount code: From now until January 2nd you can use code earlybird to get $15 off your ticket at checkout. Tickets are $65 but with the early bird rate, you can purchase a ticket for $50.00! What a deal!
- VIP Tables: We are selling VIP tables this year. VIP tables will be a reserved table for 8 people near the stage. VIP perks; complimentary wine and water pours at dinner, sponsorship tables and VIP tables will be first in line for dinner hosted by Miltons.
- Teachers' Tickets: Please consider sponsoring a teachers' ticket with your purchase. Selling these tickets will help immensely with covering event costs, while enabling our teachers and staff to attend the event for free! Let's show the teachers how much we appreciate them. Teacher tickets will be $45.00.
Do you own a business or know of a business that may sponsor our gala?
We have sponsorship levels of $5000, $2500, $1000, and $500. The details are listed on our One Cause website under the Sponsorship Opportunities tab. Please contact Zach Fimon, Director of Advancement, or Karen Bursey, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 763- 285-6256 for any questions or interest concerning sponsorships.
We need help with the following:
1. LIVE AUCTION ITEMS: Looking for cabins or condo, trip tickets, concert or golf tickets, Twins/Wild/Vikings tickets, hosting a dinner for a group of people, etc. Please contact Karen.
2. Sponsorships: We are looking for businesses to sponsor our event. We have a variety of levels of sponsorships. Maybe you own a business or your place of employment would sponsor our gala. Letters coming soon.
3. Silent Auction baskets: We will be releasing a list of silent auction baskets that you may donate to our auction. All baskets are due January 15th.
Aim Higher Scholarship Application Open---2023-2024 School Year
1. Create an account or login to an existing one.
2. Begin filling in the application.
3. Near the end, add your child(ren)'s name when it asks if you'd like to be considered for the Aim Higher Foundation scholarship(s).
4. Submit the application.
Fliers attached at the bottom of the the newsletter (English and Spanish)
Join us on January 15th for Family Movie Night--There is no school on Jan. 16th!
School Volunteer Opportunities ready on SignUp
Join our PTC group
Garden Club for SHCS
School SignUp Link-
Do you want to volunteer in the classroom? Parents must complete the Essential 3
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis requires the Essential 3 for volunteers who work with students in Catholic schools or parishes. All employees must also complete the Essential 3. ****Cell phones do not work well for Essential 3 and you will receive an error message. Please use a computer.
You may complete all three requirements online at www.virtusonline.org
1. Log in to create your account and watch the Virtus awareness session online. Every 3 years, a new video will be assigned to your account.
2. Successfully complete a background check.
3. Sign a Code of Conduct.
****The Archdiocese requires all volunteers to renew the Essential 3 requirements every 3 years. You will receive an email message when your account is up for renewal.
Box Tops---Help us earn extra cash
The new and improved Box Tops mobile app uses state of the art technology to scan your store receipt. Find participating products and instantly add Box Tops to our school's earnings. We earn 10 cents for each Box Top along with Bonus points. Simply scan your receipt on your phone and Sacred Heart earns money.
Find the Box Tops for Education app and search for Sacred Heart by our zip code---55422.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Mission Statement
Sacred Heart Catholic School is committed to instilling high moral standards rooted in Catholic teachings. We are dedicated to educating the whole child through an integrated C-STEM curriculum. In collaboration with our families, parish, and local community, we maximize individual potential to ensure students are prepared to meet the challenges in the world as disciples of Jesus.