Peek at the Week
March 21st-25th 4th Grade Mrs. Lanz
What's Coming Up
- Unit 6: finishing the unit, review and test on Friday
- Southeast Unit: the history, and people of the region. States, capitals and abbreviations quiz on Monday 3/28
- Choice Essay and Inquiry Project
- Focus Question: How Things Change Over Time: Henry's Freedom Box(theme, character traits, inference, and close reading)
- Looking at Poetry: Looking at emotion through our read aloud, Love that Dog,
- Poetry: Writing a list poem, looking at rhyme, and Acrostic Poems
- Small Book Group Focus: Theme
3/17 Sign up for conferences- let me know if you have questions
3/30 4:00pm -8:00pm Conferences
3/31 8:00 am-4:00pm Conferences
Spring Break April 1-10
MCA Testing: April 19-20th, April 26-27th (please make sure students are in school those days)
4/22 Kids College
Spring Conference Form and Parent Input
Conferences are coming!
Wednesday, March 30 from 4:00pm - 8:00pm
and Thursday, March 31 from 8:00am - 4:00pm. This is different than what is listed in the district calendar.
Please look for conference sign up instructions from teachers and through the Thursday Folder later this month.
Parent Input Forms for 2016-2017 Class Assignments:
Parents who feel there is special information we need to know about their child regarding their classroom placement next fall can fill out this form. Please understand that any specific teacher requests will cause this form to be discarded.
Sunset Hill form
Message from the Music Room
The Spring Morning Choir practices will begin on Thursday, March 17. This is different than an earlier published date of March 10.
The morning choir time is Thursdays @ 8:15-9:00am in the music room
The morning choir is open to any 4th or 5th grader (boys and girls) who loves to sing! See Mrs. Gehrz for more information on how to sign up.
Passwords and Usernames for Reading at Home Online
Math skills are organized by standard and will be assigned in class and occasionally for homework.