Is the Internet safe?
The Internet is not really safe anymore. As the Internet becomes apart of our daily routine, we tend to pay more attention to it. Of course the Internet can be used for research and entertainment, but it can also be dangerous. For most things you are going to need your personal information and that might not be the best thing when it comes to privacy.
How to stay safe online
- Never give out personal information, such as your name, home address, phone number, the name of your school, pictures, or credit card numbers.
- Never meet with someone that you met online
- Never give out your password to anybody
- Use gender neutral usernames in chat rooms
- If you find your unwanted information online, double check all of your privacy settings for online profiles.
- Again never give out your password to anyone
- Use browser cookies to keep your privacy on the Internet