Week of December 1st- 5th
Letter of the week: K-k
Special Event: Monday, Dec. 1st-Visit Pennswood Village and participate in the Christmas Tree trimming ceremony.
- Practice writing upper and lower case K-k.
- Make sound/letter connection for the initial consonant sound "K" and write words
- Write words /label pictures and collages made with shapes
- Make shape robots in cooperative groups, name them and describe the functions of the various buttons!
- Explore basic shapes with pattern blocks, tangrams and shape games.
- ·Introduce: pentagon, hexagon, rhombus, parallelogram, and 3-D shapes
- Sort by attributes of the shapes
- Create 3-D shapes with toothpicks and marshmallows
- Exploring shapes and symmetries in nature
- ·Experiment with wheels
- K is for Kaleidoscope! Exploration with mirrors and reflections
Week of December 8th- 12th
Theme: Friends and Friendship
Review letters: “F-K”
- Monday, December 8th, Performance by Walnut Street Theatre in our own auditorium. 9:00am.-10:00am.
- Computer Coding with Kristen Sanchez and 4th/5th grade buddies in the computer lab on the same day 10:30-11:30am.
- Stories and poems about friends and friendships
- Reviewing letters through games and activities
- "What makes us a good friend?" will be the theme during the week and we will explore our own and our friends' feelings through various scenarios
- Continue exploring shapes
- Introduction to the board games and simple strategy games to be played with a friend!
- Explore counting by 2's. 10's etc.
- Introduce the simple machine Legos.
Week of December 15th- 19th
Letter of the week: L-l
- Holiday Breakfast for the parents in the Pre-KIndergarten room on Friday, December 19th, 8:15am- 9:00am.(The children bake something for the parents with us and the parent helpers bring a few light breakfast items from the Pre-K budget and help set up)
- Holiday party for the children on Friday, December 19th 10:00am.-11:00am.
*** We are looking for two volunteers for each event. Please email Ragini Dave or ask in person if you need more information.
- Holiday and Christmas stories
- Special book/activity: "Who's Coming to My House?" and the nativity scene.
- “L is for Love”- Wait till you get lots of “I Love” cards and books created by the children!!
- Numbers-1-10, Concept of less and more (Exploring with weights, numbers, estimation)
- Exploring sequence and patterns
* Important Reminder: Friday, December 19th –Half Day.
Pre-K Pick up from the room: 11:30 Carpool/Siblings/Walkers: Pick up at noon.