Burk Bobcat Weekly Newsletter
August 1, 2022
Welcome Back! We are off to a great start to the year as our students, faculty & staff have created a positive and enthusiastic feeling to our campus.
Students have been receptive to learning the procedures and routines of their classroom and school, and have done so with a positive attitude. We are building relationships and getting to know one another.
I will soon meet with each grade level to discuss the Expectations of our School, what it means to be a Burk Bobcat, and emphasizing our theme, "One School, One Family, One Mission". It's going to be a successful year!
I look forward to seeing everyone at the Pool Party and our upcoming Night of Expectations Conferences.
Back to School Swim Party
I hope to see everyone this coming Friday, August 5th, from 6pm to 8pm at Lifetime Fitness Center for our Annual Back to School Swim Party. There is no cost to you. Come out and meet some new Burk Families or visit with ones you haven't seen this year. Thank you to our PTSO for organizing this.
It was exciting to see all our Students, Faculty & Staff in our new Bobcat T-Shirts this past Friday. It made for some great pictures on our Social Media outlets. Please consider following us on Facebook: Burk Elementary PTSO, Twitter: @Burkbobcats and Instagram: @burkbobcats.
Night of Expectations
Night of Expectations Conferences begin the week of August 8, 2022. Please be sure to attend your child's conference.
Back to School Swim Party
August 5 - Back to School Swim Party @ 6pm - 8pm
August 8 thru 12 - Night of Expectations Meetings
August 10 - Early Release @ 1:55 PM
August 12 - Picture Day
August 17 - Early Release @ 1:55 PM
August 24 - Early Release @ 1:55 PM
August 31 - Early Release @ 1:55 PM
Mark Your Calendars! Friday, August 12th, 2022
8/1 - Logan R. 8/2 - Caitlin S. 8/2 - Julian B. 8/2 - Kaia T.
8/3 - Laker B. 8/3 - Khloe E. 8/3 - Ethan N. 8/4 - Ethan N.
8/4 - Carson R. 8/4 - Jazlene H. 8/5 - Madilyn S. 8/5 - Blaise G.
8/5 - Aidan M. 8/6 - Valerie F. 8/7 - Eliasib L. 8/7 - Hollis C.
8/7 - Ja'zeah E.
Health and Safety Update
1. Students are not permitted to be on campus until 7:40AM. There are no crossing guards or supervision on campus until that time.
2. Parents, if you will be staying with your child on the playground or cafeteria we ask that you sign in at the office and get a Visitor's Sticker.
3. Arrival/Dismissal Locations. Hopefully you are aware of the K/1, 2/3 and 4-6 Grade Arrival and Dismissal Locations. If we adhere to these locations the flow of traffic runs smoothly.
4. Dismissal. We ask that you stay off campus at Dismissal time and pick up your child at their Grade Level gate.
5. Dogs and animals are not permitted on campus. many of our students have pet allergies, are not comfortable with animals and at times animals get scared with the large number of us on campus. Service animals are an exception.