March 24, 2021
Notes from Principal Klueppel...
- March 25 - Yearbook Art and Poetry Contest deadline, details below
- March 25 - Regular Attendance Day (was previously 1/2 day for elementary)
- March 26 - No School (School Improvement Day)
- March 27 - Yearbook Order Deadline, details below
- March 29 - April 2 No School (Spring Break)
- May 28 - Last Day for Students if no "Emergency Days" used
- June 2 - Report Cards Available on HAC
Please read before having your child order breakfast on Thursday
Yearbook Art & Poetry Contest - Deadline 3/25
Yearbook Order Deadline -3/27
Elementary Intra-District Transfer Window
The next PTO meeting is scheduled for April 20th at 9AM. Join our zoom meeting. Information is below.
Meeting ID: 849 4933 3445
Not attending Bell-Graham next year?
5 Essentials Survey
Dear Parents and Guardians,
District 303 participates in the annual Illinois 5Essentials Survey that collects feedback from our students, teachers, and parents. Your participation in the parent portion of the survey will give you the opportunity to share your thoughts on important elements of school effectiveness. The responses will help us understand the conditions at your child’s school and guide our improvement efforts. All responses are confidential and will never be connected to you or your child.
The Parent Survey is currently open and will remain so through April 2 2021. To take the survey, please visit https://survey.5-essentials.org/Illinois/ and select the appropriate survey. As part of this communication, we have included graphics of the login page with additional information about how to access the survey. Most notably, make sure you enter Kane County in the box for county even if your home or your child’s school is in DuPage County. This will allow you to correctly select your child’s school.
All District 303 teachers, as well as students in 4th through 12th grades, are being asked to complete this survey. 5Essentials Reports will be generated for schools if their teachers and/or students meet the response rate threshold of 50 percent. Teachers will work with students to assist them with logging in and taking the student survey.
On behalf of the Illinois State Board of Education, the Illinois 5Essentials Survey is administered online by UChicago Impact at the University of Chicago. The survey gathers data related to five indicators that can predict important student outcomes, including improved attendance and larger test score gains. These five indicators that affect and predict school success are:
· Effective Leaders
· Collaborative Teachers
· Involved Families
· Supportive Environments
· Ambitious Instruction
We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your input.
For more information about the Illinois 5Essentials Survey, or if you have any questions or concerns, please contact 5Essentials Client Services at 1-866-440-1874 or email@example.com.
From the Nurse
All Kindergarten, Second grade, or New to Illinois Students need to have an updated dental form on file. Any exam dated 2/15/20 or later can be used. You can have the dentist's office fax the forms to 331-228-2101 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find health forms on the district website under Health Services. Please call if you have any questions or concerns.
Please call the Health office 331-228-2104 or Email email@example.com with any questions or concern.
Most recent Illinois Department of Public Health Guidelines
Reminder- All students should have a clean spare mask in their backpack! Thank you!
In-Person & Remote Attendance Line
CUSD 303 News
D303 is hiring substitutes!
One of the more flexible positions available is that of a D303 Substitute. You can choose to work, or not work, as your schedule permits. Take a moment and read the Substitute Handbook to see what this job entails.
If you are interested and hold a:
- Bachelor's degree in any field you would qualify to apply for a substitute license with the state which allows you to sub for teachers or teacher assistants. You would apply using THIS link.
- Associate's degree you apply for a Paraprofessional license which only allows you to sub for Teaching assistants. You would apply using THIS link.
- High School diploma you have to take an aptitude test with the KANE ROE office. Once you pass that, you apply for a Paraprofessional license which only allows you to sub for Teaching assistants. You would apply using THIS link.
Contact Julie Wenger (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.