THE FAMILY ZONE
Equipping the Domestic Church/ISSUE 90/ 7.10.22
July 14 is the Memorial of Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
LIVE THE EUCHARIST
Click on the link below for the readings that you will hear at the Sunday's Mass for the coming two weeks. This will give you a chance to prepare your heart and mind for full and active participation in Mass this weekend! For a Mass schedule in our diocese click on the grey button below.
Family Stories: Some nature stories to explore the world like St. Kateri did!
- The Curious Garden by Peter Brown
- The Thing About Bees: A Love Letter by Shabazz Larkin
- The Hike by Alison Farrell
- St. Kateri Tekakwitha; Courageous Faith by Lillian Fisher
Abraham Serving the Three Angels
Rembrandt, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
- What do you see in this famous painting by Rembrandt, one of the world's most famous artists?
- Where is Sarah? Why do you think she is there? What is Abraham doing? Can you think of another Bible story where feet are being washed? Do you think there is a connection? What do you like about the painting? Is there anything you dislike about the painting? How would you draw it??
LEARN! Catholic Trivia you May Not Know!
“Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day be at my side, to light, to guard, to rule, to guide. Amen.”
IMAGINE THE SCENE
FEAST on Fun Summer Treats!
Summer Travel Prayer
Loving and merciful God, you have commissioned your angels to guide and protect us. Command them to be with us from our leaving until our return; keep us safe from all injury, accident or malice and sin. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord,
- Author Unknown
Focusing on Saint Kateri and being good stewards of the Earth? Take an "unnatural" trail walk, but be sure to gather everything you set up for this seek and find experience and while you are there, pick up anything else "unnatural" to the woods and dispose of it properly!
Seeking a bigger and more faith-based project? Check out the link below to see how one family built their own Mary Grotto!
Let's think about other things that sparkle, besides glitter (and stars, as we have already wondered about those this summer!) Have you ever noticed the sun sparkling on water? Those are called GLINTS or glitter.
- Would that glitter on the water change if a duck swam through it?
- Or if I skipped a stone toward it?
- Does God show us light on the water and in the clouds to remind us that God is always with us?
- Where else can I see the sun making its glitter?
- Does glitter happen when a raindrop is one a flower petal?
- Can I make water glitter by putting a flashlight on it, or is the sun only capable of making it?