Mission Elementary Weekly News
September 12, 2021
Tuesday 9/14 and Wednesday 9/15
Kinder-5th dismissal will be at 1:05PM. Please make appropriate arrangements to pick your student(s) on time.
Parent/Guardian/Caregiver and Teacher Conferences
Mission’s Parent-Teacher Conferences will be from October 8- 15. School dismissal schedule during conferences will be as follows:
Kinder - 5th grade: Dismissal at 1:05 PM.
Transitional kinder and preschool: Schedule will not change
At your conference, your child’s teacher will discuss your child’s strengths and areas that need improvement. The teacher will share a study plan to help ensure your son/daughter achieves academic success. Your child’s teacher is looking forward to sharing your child’s progress and plans for the year.
This year's conferences will be held online via Zoom. You will be receiving an invitation. If the time assigned by the teacher does not fit your schedule, please return the form, stop by our office, or call (760) 966-8700 to request a change. Also, inform your child's teacher if you are not able to meet via Zoom. Respectfully, Glenda Robinson
9/14 and 9/15 Minimum Day Tuesday - Kinder-5th Dismissal at 1:05PM
9/22 Virtual Student of the Month
10/8-15 Parent/Guardian/Caregiver and Teacher Conferences
10/11-15 Book Fair
10/26 School Picture Day
Health and Safety:
COVID-19 Testing - Flyer
Register for your test and sign up for secure access to your results within 24-48 hours using the link: https://oside.testscheduler.net/register
Testing is voluntary. OUSD provides free COVID-19 testing to students and staff at the following locations, days, and times:
- Oceanside HS & El Camino HS: Mondays & Thursdays, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Libby Elementary & ESS Office (2080 Mission Ave.): Mondays & Thursdays, 9:30am-4:00pm
- ESS Office: Wednesdays 1:00pm - 4:00pm (reserved for staff)
Please arrive before the end of testing time to be tested. Questions about testing? Please call 760-966-4081
Arrival and Dismissal Guidelines
Be safe! Always use sidewalks and crosswalks and teach your children to do the same.
Need to always use crosswalks and sidewalks; Mission has one crosswalk, located in front of the office.
Do not cut through parking lots or cross streets without using crosswalks because it is dangerous for you and your children.
Car drop-off and pick up:
- All drivers picking up students by car must show a large sign with the student’s name and grade (for kinder students, also include teacher's last name). Cars without a sign will be directed to park or go to the end of the car line. If you need additional signs, you may stop by the office to get a new sign or you may prepare your own large sign using a dark marker.
- Car drop-off and pick-up entrance is through Carey Road.
- The left lane is for ongoing traffic only; DROP-OFF OR PICK-UP IN THE LEFT LANE IS PROHIBITED.
- USE THE RIGHT LANE TO DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP YOUR CHILDREN BY CAR. Drive forward as far as you can before dropping/picking your student.
- Students must enter/exit the car quickly through a door on the right hand side; drivers must stay in their car during pick-up/drop-off.
- Parents may also park and walk their child to the front of the school using the closest sidewalk.
- If you arrive by car earlier than ten minutes before your child’s dismissal, please wait on Carey Road or park.
We have a strong partnership with Palomar Family Counseling Service. They offer many programs to our students and their families to support their success in school. Parents that are interested, please reach out to Amanda Gunn our School Counselor at 760-966-8752
- Dinosaur School: For preschool to third grade parents. Sign-up your child today! - Link
Small groups will be in-person with Principal Dina & friends, our kiddos' favorite way to reconnect with their fellow students in a fun, safe, comfortable setting where social and emotional skills are nurtured.
Palomar also offers in-person site-based Individual and group services for all grades. Counselors work at school, no cost to families. No eligibility requirements, just need parent permission.
Also available, Palomar's Intensive Full Service Partnership: Counselors on campus or telehealth. Individual or family counseling; psychiatric services available. Requires parent participation and intake to start services.
Parents, be on the look-out for Virtual Family Game Nights and Incredible Years Parent Training in the Spring.