Want to be legalize
◦ Must be 18 years or older.
◦ Be a resident of the U.S.
◦ Applicants have to be there to become eligible. Be present. No video-chats, phone calls, or letters.
◦ Complete the citizenship tests.
◦ Get photos for identification and fill out any forms of documentation.
◦ Receive a letter.
◦ Go to the location and get them taken.
◦ Mail documentation if it is requested.
Interview and tested
◦ Make the appointment (their responsibility) to be interviewed and tested.
◦ Be sure to bring any documents and identification to the appointment.
◦ Answer any questions that the interviewers have about your application. (It’s kinda like a job interview but only your residency is at stake)
◦ Take an English and Civics test.
◦ Wait for the decision of the interviewers.
Oath of allegiance
◦ Ceremony date scheduled. (Check in and get ready)
◦ Return your permanent resident card.
◦ You will answer any more questions.
◦ The Oath of Allegiance which basically marrying yourself into the U.S.
◦ This entire procedure is very precise and to the point. It is lengthy but work with it and you can become a citizen.
◦ It is recommended that an immigration attorney be hired to help through the procedures and guide the future citizen.