Coaching 4 Ps
Review, Preview, Praise and Problems: April 4-8
- Met with third grade teachers for input on my test-prep unit.
- Continued to work in literacy room. I may need to enlist more volunteer help to make headway.
- Attended District Coaches' meeting on Thursday. We discussed analyzing running records and end-of-year testing.
- Began initial prep work for next week's "testing" meetings. Created a Padlet to share at the meetings.
- Followed up with third grade teachers on type 3 personal narratives.
- Set up next phase of modeled writing in another third grade classroom. With MAP testing we begin the week after next with test-writing focus.
- Visited second grade RIT class on characterization.
- Led Literacy Committee meeting. We discussed our end-of-year reading celebration.
- Held several On-the-fly conferences. Discussed RIT instruction with a second grade teacher, and test prep with a third, and fifth grade teacher. Discussed individual conferencing with kindergarten teacher.
- Met with interventionists to discuss student MAP scores and progress.
- Attend a DRA2 meeting in Anderson 4 on Monday. (1/2 day AM)
- Work in three third grade classrooms. One class during RIT instruction for test-prep. Two during ELA to begin the Revolutionary War inquiry unit and to work on writing test-prep.
- Conduct grade-level meetings. Kindergarten during their planning on Tuesday. 1st-3rd after school Monday, and 4th-5th after school on Tuesday.
- Continue Literacy Room Work.
- Lead Literacy Committee meeting on Wed. to organize Fair-Oak Reading Fair (our end-of-year reading celebration).
- Possibly work in 5th grade classroom in the afternoons to continue inquiry project. This has not been confirmed.
- Help plan next steps with Revolutionary War unit and test-prep activities.
- Help with late-day parent conferences on Thursday.
- Set up meeting time with 4th grade teacher.
- Attend State cohort meeting on Thursday.
Potential Speed Bumps (not really problems)
I do not see any new potential bumps for this week.