Week of 10/27/19
Greetings Longhorn Nation!
- We need 100% of our scholars to have a lunch application on file. Please complete the application today! Click the link to get started: https://childnutrition.chisd.net/
Why complete the application? Those who qualify are eligible for SAT/ACT fee waivers and potential college application fee waivers
- It is imperative that scholars arrive at school on time each day. Doors to the building open at 7:45 AM. The tardy bell rings at 8:15 AM. Scholars who are persistently late will receive consequences. Scholars arriving late need to eat or discard of food before they will be allowed to report to class.
- Help us help your scholar in the standard of dress. Slides/Hats/ DuRags are not allowed to be worn at school. If your scholar is caught wearing them during the day. They will be confiscated and can only be picked up by a parent. Identification badges must be worn and visible each day. Tights are never appropriate to wear to school. Dresses and skirts must be the appropriate length from the knee ( Top of a Horizontal ID from the Knee). Students that are not compliant will be placed in ISS each day.
- Emergency Operation Drills
We will be completing 2 major drills this week: Lock Down and Fire Drill
Random Tardy Sweeps
This means our staff walks the halls after passing periods to make sure students are in class and not in the hallways. Students who are found in the hallway without a pass will receive consequences. Five minutes is a sufficient amount of time to get anywhere on our campus
Red Ribbon Week Dress Days
Monday, October 28
Be Smart...Don't Do Drugs!
Dress Like a Nerd
Tuesday, October 29
Double Up Against Drugs
Wednesday, October 30
Western Day-Lasso Up and Put an End to Drugs
Wear Your Western Attire
Thursday, October 31
Boo The Drugs Away
Wear Your favorite Costume ( No Mask or Face Paint)
Friday, November 1
We are not Fans of Drugs
Wear your favorite Jersey!
Basic Rules for Dress Days:
- STUDENTS NOT PARTICIPATING IN THEME DRESS DAYS MUST BE IN REGULAR SCHOOL DRESS CODE
- No ripped or torn clothing
- No tights/yoga pants of any kind or color
- No tank tops/bare midriff shirts
- No see-through clothing of any kind
- Shorts/skirts must be fingertip length
Parent Classroom Visitation Request
- Requests shall be submitted to the campus principal a minimum of 48 hours in advance to properly have administrative supervision.
- All visitors to the school must conduct themselves so as not to interfere with the daily operation of the school program.
- Visitors should not interact with the staff during instruction,
- Visitors should not attempt to interact with students during the observation
- Visitors should not cause a distraction or disruption to the educational process.
- If the visit is deemed a distraction by either the teacher or principal, the visitor will be asked to end the observation.
- No children or additional gues will be allowed to attend
- Observations will be limited to 30 minutes
Have a Concern at CHHS?
We are often in classes offering support to teachers. We ask that you avoid showing up to the campus unannounced requesting meetings. We will often be unavailable. Please take the time to schedule a meeting with the appropriate individual, following the step below, and we will be happy to address any concerns you may have.
Step One: Contact the teacher/coach/or director and have a meeting/phone conference
Step Two: Contact the Grade Level Assistant Principal/Dean (all issues or grades) or Counselor (schedules/ mental health/academic advisement)
Step Three: Contact the Principal (if a school-wide concern, this becomes step one)
A Parent Must Have!!!
Family Access is a web-based service that allows parents/guardians to view school-related information on their students. Information available includes:
- General student demographic information
- Discipline records
- Health records
The information in Family Access is 'real time' based on data in the District's Skyward Student Information Management System. However, remember that grades are 'fluid' and change daily/weekly as the teachers add assignments and grades to the system.
Family Access is secured by a unique username and password for each user to assure security and privacy.
Forgot Your Login or Password:
If you have forgotten your username or password you can click the Forgot Password Link on the Family Access homepage, contact your student’s home campus office, or send an email to email@example.com.
Disruptions on Campus
Selling of Snacks and/or Food by Students
If a scholar is caught selling items, everything will be confiscated and discarded at their expense.
If it is found that a person intentionally created or used counterfeit money to purchase goods in the United States, the crime can be punishable by up to $15,000 (or in very significant cases, more) or 15 years in prison.
Social Media Safety
Social media can be a phenomenal source of communication, however, it also has the potential to be detrimental. Please speak with your scholar about the dangers of social media. Incidents from social media spill over to the school or home without the parent or administrators knowing about anything until it happens.
Know what your kids are doing and help us be able stop to issues that start via social media!
We are extremely excited that your scholar may have late early out! Please keep in mind, that if your student has early out they are to be off-campus. We want to ensure the safety of every student, and when students are on campus with no teacher of record to supervise them, then it becomes tough! If students are unable to get off-campus in the appropriate time, their early out privilege will be revoked and we will assign them a class to attend.
All students have received a 2019-2020 school ID
The ID is expected to be worn around the neck daily
In the event that they forget the ID, a temporary can be purchased for $1.00
If the scholar does not have a dollar, they can leave their phone as collateral and pay the dollar at the end of the day.
If they need to replace their ID the cost is $5.00
- The form can be picked up in the SRO office at CHHS
- The student must have a valid Drivers License and proof of insurance.
- The parking decal cost $25
- Consequences for not having a parking pass will be tickets and potentially receiving a boot on the vehicle.
Bow Tie Tuesday
We are starting BOW TIE TUESDAY at Cedar Hill HS. The concept of Bow Tie Tuesday was originally created in an effort to inspire school spirit, increase morale and build team spirit among staff and students. Wear your bow tie every Tuesday! Encourage your scholar to wear them…. Let's build the Cedar Hill community together.
CHHS PTA News
Greetings Longhorn Family,
We hope everyone is doing well and staying dry and warm in this unpredictable Texas weather. As the 2nd marking period comes to a close, PTSA would like to encourage our scholars to be consistent and finish strong. It's not about how you start but how you finish! Wishing each scholar much success in their studies.
**OPPORTUNITIES TO SUPPORT YOUR LONGHORN PTSA**
We have wrapped up one of our very important service projects and moving full speed ahead with our Shoe Drive.
Your CHHS/NGC PTSA is conducting a shoe drive fundraiser from October 15 to December 19 to raise funds for educators and scholars. CHHS/NGC PTSA will earn funds based on the total weight of the pairs of gently worn, used and new shoes collected, as Funds2Orgs will issue a check for the collected shoes. Those dollars will benefit our scholars and educators by providing much needed materials for the classroom, fund scholarships, and educational programs for our scholars. Anyone can help by donating gently worn, used and new shoes.
All donated shoes will then be redistributed throughout the Funds2Orgs network of micro-enterprise (small business) partners. Funds2Orgs works with micro-entrepreneurs in helping them create, maintain and grow small businesses in developing countries where economic opportunity and jobs are limited. Proceeds from the sales of the shoes collected in shoe drive fundraisers are used to feed, clothe and house their families. One budding entrepreneur in Haiti even earned enough to send to her son to law school.
By donating gently worn, used and new shoes to the CHHS/NGC PTSA, the shoes will be given a second chance and make a difference in people’s lives around the world.
Primary Drop off locations:
Cedar Hill High School - 1 Longhorn Blvd, front lobby from 7:45PM - 3:45PM
Cedar Hill Ninth Grade Center - 1515 W. Beltline Rd, front office from 7:45PM - 3:45PM
Cedar Hill Admin Building - 285 Uptown Blvd, front lobby from 8AM - 5PM
Frost Bank - 150 E Highway 67, Duncanville, TX, front lobby from 9AM - 5PM
Z Barber Shop - 325 W. Beltline, from 10A to 5PM Tuesday through Friday
Cedar Hill Public Library - 225 Cedar St, entrance lobby from 10AM to 6PM (closed on Sunday)
Cedar Hill Recreation Center - 310 E Parkerville Rd, front lobby from 5:30AM to 9:30PM
Best personal regards,
CHHS/NGC PTSA Executive Board
Tiffany Ingram, President
Teresa Clark-Muhammad, Vice President
Savanah Henley, Treasurer
Saundra Jones, Secretary
Melody Bradley, Parliamentarian
CHHS/NGC PTSA Committee Chairs
Adrian Jenkins, Membership
Bershatta Major, Fundraising
Ida Gent, Hospitality
Veronica Hutchings, Social Media
Tauncia Franklin, Parent Volunteer Committee (PVC) 2021
Michelle Brightmon, Parent Volunteer Committee (PVC) 2022
"We are Longhorn Proud! Thank you for your continued support."
Principal Advisory Council
Students will need to commit to being a member of the Principal’s Advisory Council for one year and will meet monthly. Some of the responsibilities of the PAC members should include monthly problem-solving sessions around community issues, opportunities to hear from guest speakers, action meetings to tackle school-specific topics, and participation in school-wide events held throughout the year.
The link to the application has been emailed to your student's CHHS email. It will close on October 31 at 4:00 PM.
Grambling College Visit
Thanks for coming!
University of Texas- Austin
Thanks for coming!
Southern University- Baton Rouge
Thanks for coming!
Food Deliveries to Campus
Cedar Hill High School is a closed campus and will not allow food deliveries via UberEats, DoorDash,GrubHub, etc. Students who violate this policy, will be subject to consequences and their food WILL NOT be delivered. Food Deliveries are only allowed by parents, guardians, or someone listed on the emergency contact list for the student and must be received in the main office before the assigned lunch period. Lunch will not be extended because a students was waiting on food.
We welcome parents to come and eat with their scholar. Please email the appropriate grade level administrator 24 hours prior to wanting to visit.
Longhorn Stadium Policy
The district's guidelines for Longhorn Stadium are as follows:
- All middle school-aged children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All visiting teams and fans should enter on Somerset Road to access visitors parking lot.
- Ticket sales will end at 9:25 p.m. and the stadium gates close at 9:30 p.m.
- To ensure your safety at Longhorn Stadium, bags or purses are not allowed inside the stadium.
- Clear totes, plastic storage bags and small clutches are allowed inside the stadium.
- All Students must have their school-issued ID. Showing your Skyward account will not work!
Yearbook Sales, Senior Ads, Picture Retakes, Senior Picture Retakes, and more
All CHISD students need to complete the Lunch Application! The district has a goal of 100% of our parents complete the application. If you have not completed the application, please do so.
E-Cigarettes, Vapes, and Juul's are a nationwide problem. Cedar Hill HS , would like to provide you some informational resources so that you are in the know of the dangers that E-Cigarettes pose.
Scholars are expected to be in compliance each day. Please review the dress code with your child.
arrive 5-7 minutes early to his or her route If you have questions or concerns email Letiticia Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or Evonne Stewart at email@example.com. You can also call 972-293-8531.
New Counseling Assignments for 2019-2020
Lead Academic Counselor
Last Name A-Ed
(469) 272-2000 Ext. 7023
Last Name Eg-Ka
(469) 272-2000 Ext. 702
Last Name Ke-Rod
(469) 272-2000 Extension 7170
Last Name Rog-Z
(469) 272-2000 Extension 724
CHHS Administrative Staff
12th Grade Students
11th grade Students
10th Grade Students and General HS 9th Grade Students
Contact for Dual Credit and Advanced Placement
Dean of Instruction
Volleyball vs Mansfield
Tuesday, Oct. 29th, 5:30pm
301 J Elmer Weaver Freeway
Cedar Hill, TX
JV Football vs Mansfield
Thursday, Oct. 31st, 5:30pm
1 Longhorn Boulevard
Cedar Hill, TX
Varsity Football vs Mansfield
Friday, Nov. 1st, 7:30pm
3700 East Broad Street
ECA All Pro Dad Breakfasts
Friday, Nov. 1st, 7:30-8am
1 Longhorn Boulevard
Cedar Hill, TX
This breakfast will be for all ECA dads, mentors, and father-like individuals.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.