Helps in proper digestion, cell growth, and maintence
What does water do for the body?
- Satisfies thirst
- Aids digestion and absorption of food
- Protects tissues and organs
- Regulates body temperature and blood circulation
- Carries nutrients to cells
- Removes toxins and other wastes from the body
Foods also supply your body with fluids, especially fruits and vegetables. Watermelon contains more than 90% water.
FoodPercent Water by Weight
Lettuce (1/2 cup)95
Watermelon (1/2 cup)92
Broccoli (1/2 cup)91
Milk (1 cup)89
Orange juice (3/4 cup)88
Carrot (1/2 cup)87
Apple (1 medium)84
"Water: Nature's Most Important Nutrient." Water: Nature's Most Important Nutrient. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Jan. 2015.
"Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services." Water: An Important Nutrient. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Jan. 2015.