Hawk Eye News
Henderson Weekly Newsletter
Commit to Excellence- Spring Achiever
I truly hope that you had a wonderful spring break. I know that you will come back to school refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to finish strong! I used this week to get through that long "to do" list that can become a distractor if not taken care of. However, I did stop for some fun as well! What did you do? I hope it was fun and memorable.
After reviewing our data I feel really good about where we are and our plan of attack to intervene where needed. Let's commit to staying true to the plan, continuing to foster those relationships, holding kids to the highest of expectations, making every minute count and that our first instruction is our best instruction.
This time of year we hear about spring fever. Let's commit to spring achievers, not spring fever! Achievers bring "it" to a successful end; carry through; accomplish. That is what I believe we are!
Believe in yourselves! Believe in your kids! I believe in you!
Let's really make sure this time is well spent and used in a meaningful way!
If you do not have students attend tutoring, please join another teacher in your grade level to assist with tutoring.
Active monitoring is a critical piece. It is especially important during independent work. If you are not working with a group, you should be monitoring students and their work.
From the National Institute on Direct Instruction....
Through proper active monitoring a teacher can keep students on-task and just as importantly, keep them accurate in their responses.
- Reinforce correct answers
- Correct while walking
- Point out errors
Even during a test active monitoring is critical, as you can reinforce your expectations of how students are to attack problems or prove answers.
Health Clinic Is Up and Running!
What a fabulous kindergarten program! Thank you to Mrs. Greenlee for all of her efforts with our kindergarteners who did such a great job with their music and lines. We have lots of talent coming up!
Fourth grade received lots of praise for their Writing Power Hour from Mrs. Bricker. Kids, teachers and support staff are working hard!
- Teachers-Teacher Self Reports (TSR) II & III must be completed by 4/8/16. This is required and a part of your PDAS. TSR II & III are found where TSR I was found in PDAS in Eduphoria.
- The staff voluntary transfer application is up and running. I would ask that as a courtesy to me you please let me know if you are planning on trying to transfer so that I can make plans for next school year.
- If you are not going to be returning next year, I would ask that you share this with me as soon as you know. I would appreciate the "heads up" as any of you will be difficult to replace.
- Please mark your calendars for July 26, 27 and 28 for a Bryan ISD conference. A variety of professional development based on different needs will be provided. This will be a good option for earning TE days. There will be other options available this summer as well.
- Please lock your doors when you leave for the day. A teacher had someone in their room who obviously "messed with" her technology one evening.
- Join the Relay for Life Henderson Hawk team! This is such a fun event and a worthy cause.
Mark Your Calendar!
23 Winning Wednesday tutoring (PLC & after school)
25 Good Friday Holiday
29 STAAR 5th Math/4th Writing
30 STAAR 5th Reading (Tutoring after school for grades K-3)
(Alternate schedule to be shared soon for testing days)
6 Winning Wednesday tutoring
9 Henderson Fun Fair 11-2
12 HIP Meeting
13 Winning Wednesday tutoring
19 Taco Casa Spirit Day
20 Winning Wednesday tutoring
22 Awards/Games Galore
27 Winning Wednesday tutoring