Week of December 1
"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"
We are in need of more graham crackers and icing in Brophy's homeroom. If you could pick up a box, that would be great! Remember, the Gingerbread party is Friday at 1:00!
Science / Social Studies Week
Homework for the week
We will be incorporating our reading within our Science this week. We are conducting experiments this week in our plant science unit! We will be learning about the scientific method. Therefore, homework will be the following...
- Study sight words ( your child may or may not be drilled on sight words this week due to the different week, but we want them to be studying these at all times. As they are increasing their sight words fluency is following quickly. We are thrilled with this.)
- No spelling word sorts this week due to Science Week
- The book "Plants" has been given to them to practice reading this week. It is a book on their personal reading level to give them some background knowledge for our experiment.
- ALL STUDENTS are to choose their favorite Christmas book and bring it to school by Friday December 5th for a project we are doing next week.
- Regular reading classes will resume next week.
- Check your child's agenda for a green slip of paper with further homework details.