Hello Hurricane Family!
As we near the end of 2022, it is my sincere hope that all of you have the opportunity to spend some quality time with family and friends and create memories that will last a lifetime.
As I reflect back upon the this year, I can honestly say that it has undoubtedly been a memorable time for all of us! We have all worked so hard to continue to make a name for Klein Cain HS and everyone around us knows that the Hurricanes are here to stay. We have performed with grace, dignity, integrity and passion in the classroom, on the field, on the court, in the pool, on the stage, and in the spotlight of the local KISD community, the city, state and the nation. I could not be more proud to be the principal of this amazing school with top notch staff and awe inspiring students! I am proud, and honored, to be the proud Principal of Klein Cain HS.
2023 is going to be a pretty amazing year for Klein Cain HS and we are excited to share in all of the excitement with you! May you and your families be showered with holiday cheer and start 2023 off with nothing but success and prosperity!
H-E-B Excellence in Education
Fourteen of our amazing teachers were nominated by either students, parents, or community members for an H-E-B Excellence in Education Award.
Created in 2002, the H E B Excellence in Education Awards are designed to honor outstanding public school professionals and to thank them for their dedication and commitment. Through this program, H E B seeks to pay tribute to those educators who go the extra mile each and every day to serve their students and their communities and who inspire others to do the same. We are so proud of all of our teachers for truly making a difference in the lives of our Hurricanes.
Klein ISD Education Foundation Grant Recipient
Health Science teacher and HOSA advisor, Wendy Avery received a grant for her classroom from the Klein ISD Education Foundation. With this Klein ISD Education Foundation (KEF) grant, Mrs. Avery plans to purchase pathology models and charts for her Pharmacology and Pharmacy Technician Practicum courses. These two Health Science courses allow students to earn their certification as a Pharmacy Technician upon high school graduation. Click here for more information about Mrs. Avery’s grant, and all other KEF grant winners this semester!
Congrats to Mrs. Avery!
Parent University: Creating New Family Traditions
Overall, traditions provide a healthy understanding of self from a young age, which they can continue to build on as they grow up. Traditions help strengthen family bonds and provide a sense of connection and belonging.
Join us on Monday, December 12th, at 5:30 in the LGI to learn the importance of building and having memorable traditions.
- We will also have a festive backdrop and a photographer taking a family photo so your immediate family members are welcome.
Bond Update: Klein Cain High School Draft Renderings
Thanks to the successful passage of the 2022 Klein ISD Bond, Klein Cain will be receiving renovations to our building to better serve our students. Please enjoy seeing the initial draft renderings of the exterior renovation for our upcoming renovations for classroom additions. We are still in the initial phases of the redesign, so please keep in mind that these renderings may change as we move through this process.
- Two identical additions to the front sides of our building indicated where the red arrows are denoted on the accompanying photo
- Approximately 24 additional classrooms, including additional restrooms, will be included in identical, two-story additions on both sides of the front of the school. The top image is the first floor of the new east wing of our school. There will be a second floor with the same floorplan. The bottom image is the new west wing of our school, also which will include a second floor with the same floorplan.
- Additional parking and rerouting carpool entrances to take cars off Spring Cypress is anticipated
- Construction to begin early June and complete renovations anticipated completion for the Fall of 2024
- Instruction will not be impacted during the renovation. Students will remain in the existing T-buildings during renovations as well as the remainder of the building.
As further information and details become available, we will communicate and share the information with you.
We look forward to these new additions to our beloved school, and we are thankful to continue providing a strong educational foundation in an excellent and safe environment. Should you have any questions, as always, please feel free to contact us here at Klein Cain High School.
Important Upcoming Events
December 19 - January 3 - Winter Break
January 4 - Second semester begins
Klein Cain High School
Location: Spring Cypress Road, Spring, TX, USA