September 12 - September 16
Important Dates to Remember
Fri 9/16: Disneyland Raffle winners announced
Tue 9/27: Burris Park Outdoor Education Trip (Camara & Bettencourt)
Wed 9/28: Burris Park Outdoor Education Trip (Wilbur & Toscano)
Wed 9/28: Big Smiles Dental Program on campus
Thr 9/29: Burris Park Outdoor Education Trip (Lopez & Herndon)
Thr 9/29: Big Smiles Dental Program on campus
Fri 9/30: Burris Park Outdoor Education Trip (Stover & Jarrell)
Fri 9/30: Big Smiles Dental Program on campus
**Reminder: Every Wednesday is a minimum day (all students released at 1:30pm)
Attendance Awareness Month
September is Attendance Awareness Month! Attendance is extremely important for school success, but too often students and parents don't realize just how quickly absences (excused and unexcused) add up and can lead to academic struggles. Chronic absence (missing 10% of the school year, about 2-3 days each month) can lead to students not learning how to read. Low-income students, who most depend on school for opportunities to learn, are especially harmed when they miss too much instruction. Please make sure you bring your child to school every day and all day.
What are AE students up to?
- 3rd grade students show off the Panther Paws they earned for helping others and being focused on their work.
- 2nd graders work in teams to practice their math facts.
- Students help test an online handwriting activity on the interactive board.
- Kindergarteners read their letter A books to each other.
- Mrs. Amos (school librarian) reads Night Animals by Gianna Marino. To set the scene for the story the lights are turned off, the twinkling lights become the night stars and fireflies, and a forest campfire scene is displayed on the interactive board. The students share what they know about the animals in the story, and predict what is going to happen.