Weekly Newsletter for LCMS Staff
By Tami Gunset
Summer School is just around to the corner and I will need teachers to plan accordingly. We will begin to pull student's previous STAAR scores, unit assessments and final year grade in core courses to determine if our students will need to attend summer school. Our summer school program will offer small group individualized instruction to close the learning gaps. Our summer school program will provide that extra attention our students need to strengthen their weakness in the areas of math and reading.
* Summer School Dates: Monday, June 6 - Wednesday, June 22 from 8am-12pm @ Lubbock-Cooper Middle School.
6th and 7th grade Summer School for Reading and Math will run from June 6 to June 17, two intense weeks of instruction.
8th grade Summer School for 3rd Administration for Reading and Math will run from June 6 to June 22, 13 days of individualized instruction for those that need to pass the 3rd Administration of STAAR.
21st Century Enrichment Summer School will be held on Tuesday, May 31 to Friday, June 17. I know that we will host a cooking class, crossfit and other engaging class.
6th grade Reading and Math Teacher
7th grade Reading and Math Teacher
8th grade Reading and Math Teacher
Attendance Recovery - TA
Office Personnel for summer school - TA
* Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested. I won't know numbers until we have collected all data to determine who needs to attend. Thanks in advance for helping our struggling students and believing in them.
Grades for the 5th Six Weeks
Grades for the 5th Six Weeks, Report Cards are due Monday, April 11, 2016 at 11:59 PM.
DATE all assignments on or before Friday, April 8, 2016 for all grades you wish to show on the
5th Six Weeks Report Cards.
Manny has a gift: the ability to connect with, hold the attention of, and energize all kinds of audiences. From inner-city youth to business executives, Manny has learned to speak, and command, the language of his audiences with relevant, riveting, and compelling messages, moving them from cheers, to laughter, to tears, and go-forward determination.
* ALL Staff will attend and sit with our students. There will be several guest joining us as from outside our district as well as some from within our district. He will be speaking to all secondary campuses.
7th grade Boys CITY CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS
SHOT PUT- NOAH MARTINEZ
POLE VAULT- BLAZE MCKASKLE, DAWSON PECK
LONG JUMP- NOAH MARTINEZ
800 METER- TREVOR BROWNING
110 HURDLES- CARSON DODSON, JORDAN KIRKPATRICK
400 METER- PATRICK IRISH
300 HURDLES- CARSON DODSON, JORDAN KIRKPATRICK
2400 METER- AIDEN SISCO
TRIPLE JUMP- PATRICK IRISH
DISCUS- NOAH MARTINEZ
8th grade Boys CITY CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS
SHOT PUT- GAGE PETERS
HIGH JUMP- KEEGAN DORRIS, ROBERT MOTT
100 METER- ROBERT MOTT, TYLER HAIRSTON, JACOB SCHEAF
1600 METER- JOE PANTOYA, LAZ AMAYA
2400 METER- JOE PANTOYA
7th grade Girls CITY CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS
2400 - Kenley Blevins
800 - Taylor McCall
100H - Kealey Benson
400 - Stevi Scholz
300H - Kiersten Bourquin
1600 - Kenley Blevins, Taylor Miller
Discus - Azah Jones
Triple Jump - Ashlynn Terry
Long Jump - Kealey Benson, Abby Miller
High Jump - Kealey Benson
8th grade Girls CITY CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS
2400 - Chloe Trull
800 - Kaylee Rendon, Avery Mitchell
100H - Shelby Snead
1600 - Chloe Trull, Kaylee Rendon
1600 Relay -
Discus - Brittany Tyson, Kinsey Cudnoski
High Jump - Shelby Snead, Jenna Patterson, Ali Torres
Student Council - Adopt-A-Highway
8th grade FISH DAY @ HS PAC
Tentative Fish Day schedule:
8:40-9:00 - Registration
9:00-9:10 - Welcome
9:10-9:25 - Rotation 1
9:25-9:40 - Rotation 2
9:40-9:55 - Rotation 3
9:55-10:05 - Head to CHAT
10:05-10:40 - CHAT
10:40-11:00 - Key Note Speaker
11:00-11:20 - Groups perform chants
11:20-11:30 - Head back to middle schools
11:30am - Lunch for all 8th grade and staff in the gym. Burgers will be provided!
LCISD Google Academy - We need a team from LCMS to Present
We are in preliminary planning for the 2nd Annual LCISD Google Academy and are making a call for presenters. If you are interested, please fill out the form attached. Sessions will be 45 minutes long and can be on anything Google. The more options we have the better our Academy will be.
* We sent several staff members to the Technology Conference so it was an expectation for us to present during LCISD Professional Development, so this is a great opportunity for you to present or you will be expected to present at the LCISD Symposium. We also have some teachers using Google in their classrooms, I would encourage you to present at this academy.
If you have any questions, please call me at 9008 or send me an email at email@example.com.
Next Two Weeks Calendar Events
- Monday, April 11 - 6th Six Weeks Begin
- Tuesday, April 12 - Spring Pictures (8am)
- Tuesday, April 12 - Lubbock County Track Championship @ Pirate Stadium (4pm)
- Tuesday, April 12 - MS Golf Tournament @ Meadowbrook Golf Course (4pm)
- Tuesday, April 12 - Pathways Training - (No other outside PD will be approved)
- Wednesday, April 13 - Pathways Training - (No other outside PD will be approved)
- Wednesday, April 13 - System 44 and Read 180 Training (All Day)
- Wednesday, April 13 - End of Year Teacher Conference Begin (Information to come this week)
- Thursday, April 14 - Manny Scott Presentation @ PAC (8:30am)
- Thursday, April 14 - Emergency Drill
- Thursday, April 14 - LPAC Meetings
- Thursday, April 14 - SPED Progress Reports Due
- Thursday, April 14 - NJHS New Member Inductions @ PAC (6pm) Staff needs to attend!
- Friday, April 15 - Snow Day - NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, April 19 - 6th and 7th grade Roving Chef (11:40am/12:35pm)
- Tuesday, April 19 - 8th grade STAAR Results projected to be in the District
- Tuesday, April 19 - MS Golf Tournament @ Meadowbrook Golf Course (4pm)
- Thursday, April 21 - Technology Thursday during Conference periods
- Thursday, April 21 - LCISD Board Meeting (7pm)
- Friday, April 22 - iPod, Hat, Holey Jean Day - $1.00 per item
- Saturday, April 23 - Adopt-A-Highway Trash Pick Up Day (8:30am)
- Monday, April 25 - 8th grade FISH Day @ LC High School (8:30am-11:30am)
- Monday, April 25 - 2016-2017 StuCo Elections