Parent Blast - April 5, 2021
Smooth Transitions - What You Need To Know
We are so excited to add our 3-6 students to our in-person group this week! This Parent Blast is dedicated to providing "need to know" information for 3-6 students transitioning this week. Most of the information will be similar to K-2, however reading through it again may be helpful as we have all been processing a LOT of new information. Please read this information carefully and reach out if you have questions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
4/5 - 3-6 Hybrid Instruction Begins
4/5 - Library Check-Out Resumes for In-person and CDL Students (see below)
4/5 - First Monday Supply Pick-Up, 3:30-5:30 pm (shifted a to a little later)
4/5 - 6th Grade Virtual Outdoor School Begins
4/9 - No School, Elementary Work/Prep Day
4/12 - Book Wars Bingo Begins (more information coming next week)
If you have any questions, comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out: email@example.com.
Here to serve,
Principal, Patterson Elementary
- 3rd, 5th and 6th graders will be dismissed at 12:00
- K-2 and 4th graders will be dismissed at 12:05
Please see the map below for grade level pick-up locations in our drive-through. We ask that parents help students into the car as quickly as possible.
3, 5, 6 Dismissal at 12:00
K-2, 4 Dismissal at 12:05
School Hours & Schedule
- 7:30 - K-2 Drop-off
- 7:35 - 3-6 Drop-off
7:45 - School Begins
8:05 - Morning Meeting Begins, All Students
12:00 - 3rd, 5th, 6th Dismissal
12:05 - K, 1st, 2nd, 4th Dismissal
2:00 - End of School Day
Arrival to School
Our team will be ready to begin welcoming students onto campus at 7:30 am.
- Here is a video of our arrival process for student drop off.
- Please remain in your car and pull all the way forward. Students will get out, have their temperature taken, and then walk down the path to their pod entrance.
- K-2 student drop-off begins at 7:30 am.
- 3-6 student drop-off begins at 7:35 am.
- Walkers may also begin checking in on the sidewalk at the southeast end sidewalk (pictured below) at 7:30. All walkers need to meet our team where the back sidewalk meets our front sidewalk. There is a red line painted where check-in will occur and red dots line our sidewalks to guide everyone in keeping distanced.
- Our team will move inside to begin the day at 7:45. If you are dropping off after this time, you will need to pull up to the curb and call our office 503-844-1380. An office team member will walk out, take your child's temperature and walk them in to class.
**Masks need to be on and covering face and nose before coming onto campus**
Classroom, Hallways, Handwashing & Masks
Here's a video showing what you can/can't touch in the classroom.
Here's a video showing handwashing and mask-wearing.
Breakfast and lunch will be free for all students for the remainder of the school year.
CDL only students
- Order a 5-pack of meals via google form by 9:00 am Friday, the week prior to pick-up.
- Pick-up 5-pack of meals on Friday between 1:30-2:00 in bus loop
K-2 students in hybrid instruction (on campus)
- Breakfast and lunch served Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri in person.
- Wednesday meal count taken at beginning of the day Tuesday and sent home with students Tuesday.
3-6 students in hybrid instruction (on campus 2 days per week)
- Breakfast and lunch served M/R or T/F in person.
- Students in-person M/R will take 3-pack of meals home on Thursday for following week.
- Students in-person T/F will take 3-pack of meals home on Friday for following week
Students who are in-person will be asked who would like meals at the beginning of the day. Please talk with your child about this so they are prepared to answer this question to the extent possible.
- Breakfast will be eaten in the classroom after students arrive in the building.
- Students will eat breakfast at their desks, spaced 6 feet apart
- Masks will come off to eat and back on afterwards, along with handwashing and/or hand sanitizer
- Students not eating breakfast will have entry activities similar to "regular" school years
- Please do not send breakfast items to school to eat, but rather please have students eat at home if you prefer not to have school breakfast.
- Lunch will be eaten in the classroom and then students will head out to recess.
- Students may bring their own lunch to classroom if they do not want to eat school lunch.
- Home lunches will remain in students' backpacks until lunch time.
We will not be having class snack time for the remainder of this school year. All students can have free breakfast and lunch and will be at school for a shorten day.
Students may bring a water bottle to keep at their desk if they would like to. It is our experience that students who are not used to having water bottles nearby, struggle with regulation and bathroom breaks - please take this into consideration.
- Students will rotate through areas of our playground with their class cohort
- All classes will have new, color-coded equipment. Only one class cohort per set of equipment.
- Designated spots for mask breaks on the playground
- On rainy days all students will need a warm jacket with a hood - please let us know if you need help with this piece.