Sauls SS Class
FBC Covington, 5/22/16 - Weekly Newsletter
PRAYER REQUESTS FOR THIS WEEK
- Bubba Mallard - has been out of school; continue to pray for him, Renee, and MacKenzie
- Hannah Thompson - leaves for Georgia Southern on June 16th; keep Hannah, Mama Sherri, and the Boyz in your prayers for this transition
- Joel, Lewissa, and Sutton Singleton - Sutton is has gained up to 4 lbs. 4. oz. and is doing well and is eating from a bottle a little bit now; Joel and Lewissa have an apartment in Athens to be near her at Athens Regional Medical Center
- Anne Lee (Rev. Tom Lee's mother - East Newton Baptist Church) - passed away
- Graduates and their Parents
- Mallory & Drew on their upcoming wedding in June; and all the parents too!
- Karen - 3 weeks and 3 days until she gets to wear shoes again
- Be praying about attending "The Main Event" (AKA Men's Conference) on July 22-23rd in Nashville TN. More details are given below in this Newsletter.
- Be praying about our class possibly opening up a "no cost" account at Newton Federal to be used as a "Flower Fund" for those occasions when we need to send flowers, a meal, or other expenses our class my incur. Pray about if we'd like to ask for a certain contribution per family per month to go into the fund.
- The Bowling Social has been moved to the fall so be thinking about a date. Rumor has it we have a Pro-Bowler in our class and I'm going to volunteer to be on this person's team for sure! I won't say who it is but if you give me a Dollar I might.
- Our Country and the Election Process
UPCOMING SERVICE COMMITMENTS FOR OUR CLASS
SUNDAY MAY 29th - WE ARE THE GREETERS & USHERS FOR THE FELLOWSHIP HALL
- We need class volunteers to man several spots in the Fellowship Hall this coming Sunday: (1) at the double-entrance front doors coming from the outside; (2) at the double-entrance doors to the Sanctuary and give out Bulletins; and (3) at the entrance from the side Parking Lot
- Those that are in-town for the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend please come and help out with this easy way to serve
SATURDAY JULY 23rd - SACK LUNCH SATURDAY
- Our class is responsible for fifty (50) complete Sack Lunches to be at the Kitchen in the Fellowship Hall before 11:00am on that Saturday
- A complete sack lunch includes the following: a drink, a sandwich, chips, fruit or dessert item
- We will need to get commitments for X number of lunches no later than the Sunday before this event
SUMMER SPECIAL OPPORTUNITIES IN SS
He says there's no pressure to do so but if this is something that you'd like to do then the opportunity is open for you to do so. Think about it, pray about it, and then let Scott know if you'd be interested.
TODAY'S BULLETIN STUFF
I'll carry the Bulletin and Graduates Insert to the office tomorrow and scan them and I'll post them on our FB Page tomorrow evening.
Technology is great when it works and frustrating when it doesn't!
The Main Event, LifeWay's Men's Conference
Now is the time to be thinking about attending the upcoming Men's Conference on July 22-23rd in Nashville TN. Guest speakers are pretty awesome including Tim Tebow.
Scott is definitely going and he'd like it to be a family event even though only men can attend the sessions. There's always Outlet Shopping or other ways to spend money for the ladies, or so Scott says.
Scott has made reservations for the Sauls Family at the Hampton Inn in Brentwood TN. He says it's nice and reminds everyone that he'd love for you to join them but there's no pressure on you!
WIRELESS INTERNET AT FBC:
The Network Name for the FBC Campus is:
The Password is Go9031FBC
IF YOU'RE INTO SOCIAL MEDIA, SO ARE WE:
Like Us On Facebook at @FirstBaptistChurchCovington or @FirstBaptistChurchGospelChildren or @FirstBaptistNorth
Follow Us On Twitter at @FBCovington
Join Us On Instragram at @fbccovington
And if you can't attend, watch us "live" on the LIVEFEED of the 10:30am Casual Service available on the FBC website under MEDIA. NOTE: If you've tried to watch and it's not working, make sure you let the Front Office know so that it can be fixed.
FBC COVINGTON PASTORAL STAFF
Dr. Cody H. McNutt, Senior Pastor, email@example.com
Charles Reynolds, Pastor of Median & Mature Adults and Church Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ralph Meaker, Pastor of Discipleship, email@example.com
Tim Barnes, Pastor of Worship, firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Funk, Pastor of Students & Families, email@example.com
Josh Cornett, Pastor of Missions & Families, firstname.lastname@example.org
1139 Usher Street
Covington, GA 30014
Mon-Thur - 8:00am to 5:00pm
Closed Noon to 1:00pm for lunch
Fri - 8:00am to Noon
Note: Office is closed on Tuesdays from 9:00am to 12:00pm for Staff Meeting