Belonging, Learning and Growing Together.
The Pelican Brief
General Information and Upcoming Events
- Thank you so much to those who donated for the Cancer Council. It is much appreciated.
- Children must have a hat and drink bottle every day.
- Photos will be collected by Friday week 9. Please decide if you would like to purchase them.
Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children have a strong sense of identity.
- Children feel safe, secure, and supported
- Children develop their emerging autonomy, inter-dependence, resilience and sense of agency
- Children develop knowledgeable and confident self- identities
- Children learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect
Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
Children develop a sense of belonging to groups and communities and an understanding of the reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active community participation
Children respond to diversity with respect
Children become aware of fairness
Children become socially responsible and show respect for the environment
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
Children develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity
Children develop a range of skills and processes such as problem solving, enquiry, experimentation, hypothesising, researching and investigating
Children transfer and adapt what they have learned from one setting to another
Children resource their own learning through connecting with people, place, technologies and natural and processed materials
Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
Children interact verbally and non-verbally with others for a range of purposes
Children engage with a range of texts and gain meaning from these texts
Children express ideas and make meaning using a range of media
Children begin to understand how symbols and pattern systems work
Children use information and communication technologies to access information. Investigate ideas and represent their thinking