War at Home
By: Priscilla Landeros
Industry During WWI
- American Industry in WW1 boomed
- The Aircraft Industry was one of the biggest industries
- World War 2 permanently transformed the American Economy
- Liberty Bonds were first used in World War to help support the Allies in the war.
- They soon became a symbol of the patriotic duty that many Americans felt during the war.
- The first response to the liberty bonds was enthusiastic
- In all the government raised around $17 billion dollars for the war effort through Liberty Bonds.
US propaganda During WW1
- During World War 1 our country was made up of immigrants.
- America entered war on April 6, 1917
- Propaganda worked so well during the war that it continued post-war