FAC Weekly Update
March 19, 2020
Good afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
This certainly was an unprecedented week. We are off and running with eLearning, and I want to thank our Faculty for transitioning from in-person to computer-based instruction over a short period of 48-hours! I also want to thank our students and parents for making this transition. Perhaps there have been some speed bumps, but in the end, our students and teachers are connecting and continuing to practice their art. May we look back on this time as one where we came together and overcame a very challenging situation through our love of the arts!
Here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
Please be sure that you are checking in daily with your teachers and communicating effectively with them. The break from in-person instruction is not a break from school! Our FAC students have shown the ability to be responsible, independent learners. Please keep this going as we progress through the period of online education. Stay sharp, stay engaged, and stay committed to your art!
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
"When there's a problem, a 'fire' in the organization, you as a leader are often the first to arrive at the scene. You have in your hands two buckets. One contains water and the other contains gasoline. The 'spark' before you will either become a greater problem because you pour gasoline on it, or it will be extinguished because you use the bucket of water."
- John C. Maxwell, "The Maxwell Daily Reader," page 84 (March 16).
Congratulations - Scholastic National Award Winners!
Gold Medalists in Poetry
Gold Medalists in Visual Arts
Silver Medalist in Visual Arts
New Online Store - Get Your FAC Gear!
Congratulations - Piccolo Spoleto Rising Stars Festival!
FAC Visual Arts
FAC Voice Studio
- Isabella Barredo
- Lexi Howard
- Lura Zimmerman
FAC Strings Chamber Music Studio
The Palissandro Quartet
- Julia Rhyne
- Ben Rawlinson
- Phil Rawlinson
- Will Rawlinson
We will send out performance dates and times when they become available.
Summer Arts Intensive Programs - Financial Assistance
The Fine Arts Center has set aside some funds to assist students who are applying to summer arts intensive programs. Please note the following guidelines:
- Any student applying for financial assistance must attend the Fine Arts Center for the 2020-2021 School Year.
- Applicants must complete the Google Form linked below. All applications must come with proof of acceptance into the summer intensive program(s), or proof of application if acceptance is pending.
- Selection criteria are as follows
- Financial Need as determined by a pupil's P.I.P. status. The Pupils in Poverty indicator is accessible to us via PowerSchool.
- Merit, based on Grade Point Average and Teacher Input
- Any special circumstances that are causing financial hardship to the family
The Google Form can be accessed here - https://forms.gle/SuQyN5a47ZAn7hhM9. Note that the form can be accessed by students only, via their GCS Google Account. Forms are due on Thursday, April 9, 2020.
Please feel free to contact our Main Office at (864) 355-2550 or email:
Ms. Erin Poole - Secretary to the Director - email@example.com
As of now, all events at the FAC have been postponed. We will release an updated calendar of events once we have more information.