The Mullis Crew News 9/14-9/18
What are we up to?
A Peek At Our Week
Science- Making and Separating Mixtures (Separation Techniques)
Social Studies- Carpetbaggers and Scalawags /The End of Reconstruction and the Rise of Jim Crow Laws
Writing- Narrative Writing
On Monday, September 14th, if all iPad requirements are fulfilled, your student will begin to take home his or her electronic device. Please make sure you have completed the paperwork, viewed the online orientation, and sent in payment.
Dates To Note
Friday, September 11th-PTA Movie Night (IHES Cafeteria, Begins at 5:30pm, Featuring the movie: Home)
Monday, September 14 - Spirit Night: Nishie G's at Mt. Gallant
Tuesday, September 15th-21st Century Pirate Program begins
Friday, September 18th- 8:30 Community Open House- tours led by our 5th graders
Wednesday, September 23 - Spirit Night: Zaxby's
Monday, September 28th-Trip to Winthrop University (Rock Climbing Wall)
Tuesday, October 27th-Trip to the Carroll School
Challenger...21st Century...Girls On The Run
Challenger-We now have a waiting list for Challenger. No new students will be added at this time.
Girls on the Run- IHES needs another coach or even 2 to volunteer to help coach 2 days a week. The sessions are Tues/Thurs from 2:30-4:00.
21st Century Pirates Program begins Tuesday, September 15th
- Kimberly Johnson is the director. Her number is 803-524-7361. Her email is email@example.com
- The website is www.IndiaHookPirates.com
- Val Mickel's is the lead teacher. Her email is Mickel@rhmail.org
- The phone number for the program is 803-985-1611. This line will be checked at the beginning of the program each day for messages.
Text reminder service: "Have you signed up for the PTA Text Message Service for School Event Updates??? If not, text @ihespta to 81010 and stay up to date on all that's going on"
See what PTA has planned! - http://ih.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/parents/pta/calendar.aspx
School Improvement Council
As we begin our year we are focused on how we can improve the health and wellness of all of our students. Our SIC goals will focus on fitness and healthy living. Would you like to be a part of this leadership group or do you know someone that would? Please nominate yourself or someone else that could help lead us as we build fitness trails, create fitness mentors for our students that need that, and explore the possibility of a community garden.
RHSD Meal Payment Procedures
Students in elementary and middle schools will be allowed to charge up to $10. When the student's balance reaches the threshold of $10, the student will be served an alternate meal. The alternate meal will consist of a sandwich, fruit (1/2 cup), and milk. The complete charge policy is included below.
School Policy Reminders
- In an effort to prevent the spread of illnesses in school, Rock Hill School District follows DHEC guidelines. Please remember that children have to be fever free (without the use of Tylenol or Motrin) for 24 hours before returning to school. A fever is defined as a temperature greater than 100.4. Also, children must for free of vomiting and/or diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school. Thank you for your help in keeping all of the students at India Hook healthy.
- All transportation changes must be made via note or email. Please be sure to put your child's first and last name, your name, the date, your child's grade level and teacher's name when writing the note/email. All of this information is required when we send the note/email to the office. Please understand we are not allowed to make transportation changes via phone…this is a safety precaution
We are being told that we will not be getting printed copies of the lunch menu anymore, so I have posted the link where you can access the menu for each month.
Scholastic Book Orders
You will need our class code at checkout: MHM9D