Mrs. Gallant's Math & Science Class
Week of November 23 - November 27
I just want to take a moment to say how thankful I am for each one of you who do so much to care for our students. I know 2020 has been tough for everyone and at every turn, you have been there to be patient with and to support us here at school, your families at home, as well as taking care of all of your other responsibilities. And I can't say enough about these hard-working kiddos! They truly are a great bunch of students and I am very thankful to be able to teach them this year.
- Mrs. Gallant
What We're Learning
Due to the Teacher Workday before Thanksgiving, there will be no Remote Learning this week. Happy Thanksgiving!
*Note: Previously, Onslow County Schools had been scheduled to go back to 5 days a week in-person instruction for grades K-5 beginning Nov. 30th. However, due to Covid-19 precautions, that has been postponed until January. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- November 25 - 27 - Thanksgiving Break - NO SCHOOL
- December 8 - Make Up Picture Day
- December 18 - End of Grading Period
- December 21 - January 4 - Christmas Break - NO SCHOOL
- We have had issues with students' computers losing charge during the school day. Please make sure your student's computer is brought to school and is fully charged each day. We will be using it often.
- Send a water bottle in with your student every day - we do not have access to water fountains due to Covid-19 restrictions, and this will give them quick access to water when they need (like during outside activities or PE).
- Since we still need to wear masks, make sure your student's mask fits well and is as comfortable on them as possible.
- We encourage students students to bring a back-up mask in case the one they wear becomes dirty during the day.
Online Payments for School Fees
Please continue to pay school fees!
Given the ongoing concerns over COVID-19, OCS continues to look for ways to improve convenience for our families and institute practices which will reduce the risk of transmission of the virus. To do this, the district is providing our school community the option of a new online payment system, School Cash Online. This system will minimize cash and check payments at our schools and allow parents to make online payments from home.
Parents who use School Cash Online have the ability to:
- Keep track of their child's school items and activity fees.
- Stay connected by receiving email notifications of new fees.
- Check their account history.
- View and print receipts.
- Pay for school fees any time, anywhere, with a simple click.
- Easily link and access all students in a household.
- Make payments using Visa or MasterCard.
**All students will be required to pay 1:1 device fees**
*Any outstanding fees will also be attached to the student. i.e. lost/damaged books, non-returned/lost laptops and chargers.
Art fee - $1.00
Instructional Supply fee - $5.00
1:1 fee - $25.00