The 3rd Grade Buzz
August 28 - September 1
3rd Grade General News!
- Don`t forget to follow us on Twitter to see the action taking place in our classrooms! @GESCDavis, @GESCScott, @GESChoppy, @GESHickerson
- Make sure students bring a snack everyday.
- Ipads that are taken home must be fully charged when returning to school. Ipads are going to be sent home with kiddos unless you have let your homeroom teacher know you prefer them to stay at school.
- Please make sure your child has brought a pair of headphones (preferably not earbuds) to use in class.
- Volunteers - If you are wanting to volunteer please make sure you have completed the background check as well as the GES volunteer video. Please use the link to find the background check and volunteer video. http://www.gcisd-k12.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=474--
NOTE FROM SPECIALS: ClassDojo
As parents of a GES student, you will receive a letter inviting you to join ClassDojo. This is a digital tool used by PE, music, and art to communicate with our students and parents. Each child receives a unique code created for them. This code is private and viewed only by you, your child, and their specials teachers. We strongly encourage you to join, so that you can receive immediate feedback on your child's behaviors while attending our classes. While we do occasionally note positive behaviors we see during our classes, it is used mostly to communicate areas of concern. Our hopes are that you might check ClassDojo daily with your child to offer compliments on a job well done, or visit with them about noted behaviors, and provide counsel to them should this situation arise again in the future. This is by far the best tool we have found to use as a team to help redirect unproductive behaviors prior to them escalating. Thank you for your support in working with us to help your child succeed in this new year. If you have any questions, please contact our Learning Leader, Michelle Basil, for more information.
Don`t Forget to Mark Your Calendars!
Thursday, August 31th - Curriculum Night
Tuesday, September 12th - Vision & Hearing screenings begin
Thursday, September 21st - PTA Meeting at 6:30pm