Panther Pride News
August 28, 2020
Potter Gray Elementary staff and families are committed to providing a caring, productive, learning environment in which all children can develop their abilities and talents to the maximum.
BGISD Start of School Information
Congratulations to Mrs. Paula on her Retirement
PG Specific School Information
We will keep the practices and procedures presentation in the newsletter so that parents can view the information at anytime if questions arise. You may view by clicking this link.
Important things to remember:
- All students must wear masks and have their temperature taken to enter the building.
- There are no visitors allowed in the building.
- There is no after school care, extended computer lab, or clubs at this time. Please make you and your child know how they are going home in the afternoon. If a change is made during the day how a child is going home, please contact the front office with this information..
- Because students are on a hybrid model and not present in the building everyday, we ask that those students who are on an NTI day not be present at any time on school grounds during the school day.
If you have any questions about processes or procedures for the start of school please give us a call at 270-746-2280
Car Rider Drop-off & Pick-up
- This takes place students in the rear of the building. The front loop is for buses only in the AM & PM.
- Students need to stay in the car and wait for a temp check to take place before the car leaves. If a recheck needs to be done, please park in a spot that is marked by an orange cone. A recheck will be done within 4 minutes.
- If a change is made in how a student is going home, please contact the front office, even if you let the teacher know with a note or digital means.
- Please keep your car tag up and visible at all times when picking up your child(ren). You can take it down once the students are loaded into the vehicle.
- Because we are a neighborhood school, I do ask that we obey traffic laws on Wakefield and on Covington. Please be careful as we have many walkers and students that ride bikes to and from school.
The picture below is a link to the doc if you need further guidance on car rider procedures.
Cross Country Sign-ups
Cross Country sign ups will be Aug. 24th-26th at Kereiakes park. Runners must have a KHSAA Physical in order to participate. They can also sign up on the link provided. 5th-8th grade
Box Top For Education Information
The Center for Gifted Studies at WKU is offering Super Saturdays virtually this fall. Here is a paragraph you might consider using in your school newsletter.
Virtual Fall Super Saturdays (September 12, 19, 26)
Super Saturdays are live, online classes for students in grades 1-6. These classes are designed for children who love to learn and have a a desire to explore new and intriguing topics. Children have the opportunity to expand their knowledge in a specific interest area and make new friends who share their interest. The classes are led by dynamic, professional teachers on Saturday mornings from 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. CT. Click this link to view class offerings. Financial assistance is available based on need. Call 270-745-6323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.