Mrs. Whitener's Wise Owls
WEEKLY NEWSLETTER May. 16th- May. 20th
Our class winners for Tropicana Speech!!!
- For daily homework, please check my website, the link is below. I update the homework every morning.
- Please remind your students to use their time wisely everyday. Even though testing is done, does not mean the school year is over.
-Please check your student for a belt EVERYDAY. Lately more and more students are forgetting their belts. Students will now get an infraction if they do not wear a belt.
- For Math this week we will starting the step up to 5th grade lessons in our math book
- We will be starting Tentacles by Roland Smith (Students do not have to get this book unless you want them to have it, remember they may also use a kindle or IPad)
- The winners from the classroom speech contest will go against each other on Monday May 16th in the cafeteria, parents are welcome.
- Remember every Friday from here until the end of school is a spirit day and students may get sno-cones.
- The Cryptid Hunters Project went home Thursday 5/12. For this project the students will need to choose a W, A and a C (Writing, Artistic, and Creativity) activity. They choose one of each to complete, follow the direction to complete the activity, and then turn it in when they have all three finished. The project is an at home project that the students will complete for a test grade based off the novel Cryptid Hunters. The entire project is due May 19th, the day before the field trip to Tallahassee. Let me know if you have any questions!
- The Field trip to Tallahassee is this FRIDAY 5/20, Students need to come to school in their Bucc blue polo, uniform bottoms with a belt, and socks and tennis shoes. The bus will leave at 6:30, so please be at school around 6:00 that morning. Same as St. Augustine we will load the bus in the church parking lot. Students are allow to bring games and electronics, a small pillow and blanket, and breakfast/snacks.
Very important dates
- Spring Carnival (4:00-8:00 pm) - PLEASE READ EMAILS FROM Mrs, pendergrast. OUR ROOM MOMS WORK VERY HARD ON OUR SPRING CARNIVAL FOR THE CHILDREN. PLEASE DO YOUR PART!!
- 4th Grade Speech Contest
- 4th grade field trip to Tallahassee (more info coming home SOON!)
- Spring Art Show at the Visual Arts Center 5:30-7:00 pm
- Final MAPS testing for 4th grade!
- 4th incentive trip sometime this week (More info to come)
- Spirit day
- Field Day
- Spirit Day
- 4th Quarter Awards (more info to come)
- class party (more info to come)
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Early Release at 11:30 am
what we are learning this week!
-We will also be doing Secret Mission Writing
Math: Step up to Fifth grade
- We will be completing the Step up to fifth grade in the math book
- We will be finish Unit 10 Science (TEST Wednesday)
Spelling Words and Vocabulary
The Quiz of Unit 20 Vocabulary will be Thursday
The spelling test and vocabulary quiz will be Thursday due to the Tallahassee trip